Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Talking behind their gloves...why

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Totally this, although I struggle to understand why there is a need to do this all the time if the conversation isn’t controversial unless the players can’t have a conversation without swearing !
:lolol:

I trust that you don't ever glance at the Mail, Sun or Mirror? Lip readers would twist anything in order to create a headline. As others have said, even CH covered his mouth when chatting with JM. I'm very gobby and I could easily have a cheeky chat if I were a player or manager: "You're doing well for a shit southern club"; "How do you put up with that miserable ******* of a manager?"; "(in Portuguese/Italian/Spanish) How are you settling in, in this shit tiny cold country with its fat chavvy women?"; "You did well, how's Knocky? He always was a mad ****"; "Have to spoken to the England manager? I though he was a **** to not pick you"; "Yes, he's off at the end of the season, but good luck to him" etc etc.....press would have a field day.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I trust that you don't ever glance at the Mail, Sun or Mirror? Lip readers would twist anything in order to create a headline. As others have said, even CH covered his mouth when chatting with JM. I'm very gobby and I could easily have a cheeky chat if I were a player or manager: "You're doing well for a shit southern club"; "How do you put up with that miserable ******* of a manager?"; "(in Portuguese/Italian/Spanish) How are you settling in, in this shit tiny cold country with its fat chavvy women?"; "You did well, how's Knocky? He always was a mad ****"; "Have to spoken to the England manager? I though he was a **** to not pick you"; "Yes, he's off at the end of the season, but good luck to him" etc etc.....press would have a field day.

This. Schellotto summed it up in his tweet this morning. He played under Mourinho at Inter, so they could well have been chatting about personal memories. It could have been a mutual joke.

Translates as

What happens on the court is on the court, a good chat with a big coach...
Or
What happens in the field stays in the field, an interesting dialogue with a great trainer

https://twitter.com/GalgoSchelotto/status/975285566303449088

[tweet]975285566303449088[/tweet]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgdSYf3B2yV/

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Why should it be of interest whatever is being said. Simple answer is that it is down to the modern blame and sue attitude of society in general.

More likely down to our press grabbing any half truth to make a headline. It's the equivalent of going through your bin bags, bottom feeding *****.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
More likely down to our press grabbing any half truth to make a headline. It's the equivalent of going through your bin bags, bottom feeding *****.

I remember at our pub in Guildford the gardener of the Burberry family a locals brother committed suicide at Beachy Head around 1994 and the press spent days trying to dig up some dirt on the chap and the Burberry wife hoping to find something out so much so that I had to literally throw them out of the pub,.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

No BG is right. It's down to society in general. Not just the press but people at home like to be offended just to stir it.

Remember that chant involving Cardiff at the Amex? Some idiot reported it and a investigation took place.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Unless the players talking behind their hands are arranging a night out at a lap dancing club, or slagging off someone, I'm not sure what they have to hide.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It starts with children at school and parents objecting to school rules like dress hair styles etc. How many times do you read of parents complaining their daughter has been disciplined for wearing a skirt shorter than the uniform dress code etc. This goes back to when they were children.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
No BG is right. It's down to society in general. Not just the press but people at home like to be offended just to stir it.

Remember that chant involving Cardiff at the Amex? Some idiot reported it and a investigation took place.

Can't disagree with your point, just think that the press are competing with DIY journalism so have lowered the bar to feed the frenzy whenever possible. Death by social media can be brutal and is considered 'sport' by the kind of culture/society we are now living in. Don't really blame players for keeping under the radar with so many eyes on their every move. Sad indictment all round.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They are all black and their breath stinks?

Sounds like it has escalated since that episode

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It starts with children at school and parents objecting to school rules like dress hair styles etc. How many times do you read of parents complaining their daughter has been disciplined for wearing a skirt shorter than the uniform dress code etc. This goes back to when they were children.

I'm sorry BG what on earth has this got to do with the thread topic?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Talking behind gloves has been the trend for a little while and is hilarious.Really really dumb.

I fail to see why it's really really dumb. If you don't want other people to pick up what you're saying, it's the only thing to do.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I fail to see why it's really really dumb. If you don't want other people to pick up what you're saying, it's the only thing to do.

This - watch for example American Football, where everybody on the sideline covers up their mouth with a clipboard when discussing tactics due to opposition lip readers :) Obviously different to Schelotto/Nourinho but just an example.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This. Schellotto summed it up in his tweet this morning. He played under Mourinho at Inter, so they could well have been chatting about personal memories. It could have been a mutual joke.

Translates as

What happens on the court is on the court, a good chat with a big coach...
Or
What happens in the field stays in the field, an interesting dialogue with a great trainer

https://twitter.com/GalgoSchelotto/status/975285566303449088

[tweet]975285566303449088[/tweet]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgdSYf3B2yV/

I thought he played under Mancini, not Mourihno

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here