Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To reach the next level...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We need to make the most of our opportunities when we reach advanced positions instead of delivering mediocre balls into the box and also try to stop switching off a couple of times a game to gift the opposition easy goals. I know we were playing against Man United and their budget looms over ours but I thought our build up play was almost on a par with them tonight. Difference was they had quality balls in the area at key times and didn't give us any free time whatsoever in their box, apart from when Dunk evaded his man from a corner on one occasion.

You feel like we are nearly there in terms of really competing with this teams, however we do need to cut out our wastefulness and occasional errors at the back.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
We need to make the most of our opportunities when we reach advanced positions instead of delivering mediocre balls into the box and also try to stop switching off a couple of times a game to gift the opposition easy goals. I know we were playing against Man United and their budget looms over ours but I thought our build up play was almost on a par with them tonight. Difference was they had quality balls in the area at key times and didn't give us any free time whatsoever in their box, apart from when Dunk evaded his man from a corner on one occasion.

You feel like we are nearly there in terms of really competing with this teams, however we do need to cut out our wastefulness and occasional errors at the back.

Nothing to add.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To reach the next level...

...we need another 10 Pascal Gross'

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have another piece of the jigsaw in Locadia, he looks as though he may be a cut above anyone we have had up front...ever.

Little by little, staying up is the only aim for the moment.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Nothing to add.

Well of course Man Utd pretty much have every advantage over a team like ours, but when you see our build up play and the positions we got into tonight you can't help but feel a little more quality and we would have caused them serious bother. When you see what Burnley have achieved this season it is not impossible...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, I've been called boring for being unhappy with a meek and tame 2-0 defeat. Maybe I'm just disappointed that we've lost a cup game without really having too much of a go and without ever really committing to really trying to get into the game. We lacked quality and ambition pretty much all over the pitch in my opinion and I think we can get better, and will do better, and will be able to compete in quater finals and against teams like this one tonight. Obviously they're a fantastic team and the investment in the squad is incredible and can not compare to ours, but they were there for the taking tonight I thought and we haven't really laid a glove on them.

Ian Darke said at the end it was a bloodless victory for Man United, and that's what it was.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Well, I've been called boring for being unhappy with a meek and tame 2-0 defeat. Maybe I'm just disappointed that we've lost a cup game without really having too much of a go and without ever really committing to really trying to get into the game. We lacked quality and ambition pretty much all over the pitch in my opinion and I think we can get better, and will do better, and will be able to compete in quater finals and against teams like this one tonight. Obviously they're a fantastic team and the investment in the squad is incredible and can not compare to ours, but they were there for the taking tonight I thought and we haven't really laid a glove on them.

Ian Darke said at the end it was a bloodless victory for Man United, and that's what it was.

Pretty much agree entirely. I wouldn't say i'm disappointed in the performance overall as I think we have played far worse on several occasions away from home this season, however we did definitely have a chance to ruffle a few feathers in this game. 2nd goal especially was a complete gift in my eyes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
.....who may all be not very prolific in front of goal!

Centre forward Pascal Gross would be lethal in front of goal.
Esp on the end of pin point crosses from Pascal, or smart through ball from Gross.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I am not sure that they were there for the taking. How many games have they lost at home to English clubs? We would have been hammered if we had played any other way imo. We had half chances but they defended very well against them. I don’t like losing but it the grand scheme of things it’s just a blip on what should be a slow uphill swing for this club. I am enjoying the ride.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Do we really want to reach whatever the next level is? I suspect that is consistent mediocrity.

I was thinking exactly that. It's a weird juxtaposition to be in. As a club obviously we want to reach the next level, But realistically the next level is becoming a mid table team. Can we bypass the next level and go straight to challenging for European places?? :afro:

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel

Do you wonder why nobody ever asks you to a party. The biggest damp squib I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here