Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross Cruyff turn

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm glad you wrote that as I was certainly thinking it but couldn't bring himself to write it down.
Why are you talking about yourself in the third person?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why are you talking about yourself in the third person?

Damn you've found out the truth...

..Craig David says I am Craig David.

(or it's an odd typo)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gross spins you right round, pascal right round
what a player wow, right round, round round
I like it, but I think I prefer it closer to the original:

Watch out here he comes

Gross spins you right round baby
Right round like a record baby
Right round, round round

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody show off. :rolleyes:

gross1abac8251b146839e.gif
gross-2_2.gif

gross3_3.gif
gross4.gif

:love:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not when he does Cruyff turn though, as that creates a gap, as the defender is left flailing.....

Exactly. It's Gross' way of dealing with his lack of pace. You ally that Cruyff turn (and that one against Villa really was one of his best) with the pinpoint accuracy and pace of his passing/crossing and defenders don't quite know what to do.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I don't think he's actually that slow, and certainly thinks quicker than many players. His long range lob wasn't great, but he certainly put a shift in Sat.
I know an analytics guy and he checked Gross's stats - he's often the slowest on the pitch but he covers the most ground.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I know an analytics guy and he checked Gross's stats - he's often the slowest on the pitch but he covers the most ground.
As if we needed further proof that whilst handy, pace is not the be all and end all. Just look at the oiled up waste of space at wolves. Gross is all about his work rate, intelligence and decision making. Some of the posts on this thread haven't aged well :)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Pascal seems to have dialled back a bit on the Gross Turn this season, and I perceive that we see Solly do it more often.

Mainly because he's mainly playing more central rather than out wide trying to get a cross over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here