Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Loose toilet seat fitting

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Oddly at my parents' house, when they moved out in 1994, they still had the same seat as was there when they bought the house in 1963. Worked a treat. I think the fitting was made of bakelite. Four males pissing all over it never left a mark or caused the remotest kerfuffle.

However.....

In my later experience, even if you spend £50 on a seat, it will last no more that 4 or 5 years. The fittings come loose and corrode, and even the seat material itself will crack if the 'wrong type' of cleaner is used. Consequently bits of the seat look like chilblains, and when you sit on the ******* it wobbles and sometimes slips off the rim. Then I buy a new one. I must have spent £200 on toilet seats in the last 20 years. FFS. I am redoing the bathroom in an extension shortly and I'm thinking of having the entire bog carved from marble with an all in one seat connected to the bowl, as a piece. There really is no need to have a seat that lifts, FFS. Half the time the blokes forget to lift it....or they do lift it then leave it up which annoys the ladies. I think it's a massive bloody money making racket.

As a plumber of now 43years and counting - toilet seats are a pain in the arse. Even the most expensive are crap.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
x4yakvx.gif

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
No....you just 'pop' the silver caps at the top of each fitting revealing a screw underneath. You then re-tighten that once it's all lined up correctly. Press the caps back in place and re-fit the seat.
Was the correct answer...

sorry not to reply earlier (distracted by the match) but thank you very much..!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here