Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs at home NOW 17th April - Kick Off 7.45pm

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Sure it's been said on here but surely Spurs will rest players for the semi's.I guess it depends on how certain they are of a CL spot by then.

Will be nice to see a game in the evening at home again.I think this is only the second in the league this year?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Sure it's been said on here but surely Spurs will rest players for the semi's.I guess it depends on how certain they are of a CL spot by then.

Will be nice to see a game in the evening at home again.I think this is only the second in the league this year?

Agreed, Spurs under the lights, hopefully with us safe - would be a great night - providing I can get off work in time grrrr

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bugger. Just clicked on it again :facepalm:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

If Chelsea beat Spurs at SB on Sunday week, then they will only be 2 points behind Spurs in the chase for 4th place, and even if Spurs win that one, they wont be out of sight and will look on our fixture as a banker 3 points by playing their strongest team. They have City before us as well!

There is no way they will rest players for our game.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I really hope the fixture planners make the schedule fairer for ALL teams in 2018/19...and not have teams facing three or four of "The Big Six" in a very short span.

For instance, it's wrong that the Seagulls were scheduled to face Spurs, Man United and Liverpool in 3 of their last 4 matches and, similarly, it was wrong that Burnley were scheduled to play 3 successive away matches against Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool early in the season and 4 successive home matches against Spurs, Liverpool, Man United and Man City between Dec 23 and Feb 3.

Everton had a very poor start to the season despite spending shedloads of money but it was no surprise really. After a home opener against Stoke, they had to play Man City, Man United, Chelsea and Spurs in their first 5 games.

There is no excuse for this as the planners have a very good idea of who will constitute the top six most seasons. I think fans of any team given a start like Everton had this season would have good reason to complain.

Last edited:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I really hope the fixture planners make the schedule fairer for ALL teams in 2018/19...and not have teams facing three or four of "The Big Six" in a very short span.

For instance, it's wrong that the Seagulls were scheduled to face Spurs, Man United and Liverpool in 3 of their last 4 matches and, similarly, it was wrong that Burnley were scheduled to play 3 successive away matches against Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool early in the season and 4 successive home matches against Spurs, Liverpool, Man United and Man City between Dec 23 and Feb 3.

Everton had a very poor start to the season despite spending shedloads of money but it was no surprise really. After a home opener against Stoke, they had to play Man City, Man United, Chelsea and Spurs in their first 5 games.

There is no excuse for this as the planners have a very good idea of who will constitute the top six most seasons.

LC, I doubt that the wee little voices of the lesser clubs such as Albion and Burnley will be heard above the 'big six'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This, completely. Bollox. With knobs on. Or vice versa. Who brings a game FORWARD FFS?! :angry:

I'll be in Inverness that day, and although I'll doubtless be able to find a pub with Sky Sports, I very much doubt I'll be able to persuade aforesaid pub full of Highland gentlemen, with drink taken, to switch channels from the Scottish Championship relegation tussle between Dumbarton and Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Hold! HOLD!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This, completely. Bollox. With knobs on. Or vice versa. Who brings a game FORWARD FFS?! :angry:

I'll be in Inverness that day, and although I'll doubtless be able to find a pub with Sky Sports, I very much doubt I'll be able to persuade aforesaid pub full of Highland gentlemen, with drink taken, to switch channels from the Scottish Championship relegation tussle between Dumbarton and Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Hold! HOLD!

This will be what you get....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXv0GP8IjPU

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Interspersed with THIS...

Tennis_monkey_poster-9591.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

There is no excuse for this as the planners have a very good idea of who will constitute the top six most seasons. I think fans of any team given a start like Everton had this season would have good reason to complain.
It is not just the "smaller" clubs

Spurs had

Start of the season:

Liverpool
United
Palace
Arsenal

Arsenal
United
Liverpool

Next few fixtures

Chelsea
Stoke away
City

Only club that have not had a run of games against the are united and Liverpool I believe.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Isn't this what happens?

Either:

Model 1:

The fixtures are drawn at random to cover a date range (Friday to Monday, plus other occasional days relating to holidays etc), then individual games moved in that range later to suit TV

or Model 2:

Some blokes get together in a smoke filled room after a heavy lunch, possibly over a weekend, in a hotel with a heated pool, and some Lovely waitresses, possibly The Ukranian, my love, and then they sort of pick teams for a week's footy, based on whim and sobriety.

Then they send off their whiskey-, cigar- and lipstick- stained sheets of paper to Sky.

Then Sky changes everything. And then the fixtures are announced.

Later Sky changes things again to suit Fixtures and perceived interest.

Which means that Brighton games are assigned last, unless it is vs a top 6 side in which case the game will already have been assigned.....

My money is on model 2.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This has gone down like a erection in a nunnery!

It is our 36th wedding wedding anniversary and I was thinking about a decent meal in town! FFS

Have to alter my plans to the weekend.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know but I wrote that post before the new date had been announced and when we thought it would be delayed.

It can only be good that Kane isn’t playing. I think we could get something out of the game.

Has it been rearranged AGAIN? FFS this is getting like groundhog day all over again. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here