Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-brighton-hove-albion.437378/

What a depressing bunch of w*nkers the spoilt pampered "fans" of Manu are - expect a divine right to success - suggest they feck off to City or Anfield

Bet you don't read more than 3 pages of this garbage

It irks me that fans like those of United can be so entitled and spoilt that they don't really give a f about reaching an fa cup semi final. It's mental that everyone is so depressed about their season yet they're second and have a chance of winning a trophy. Completely different expectations I guess, but pretty depressing for the rest of us all the same that their fans can afford the luxury of not giving a shit about being in an fa cup semi final.

Really hope the eventual winner isn't Chelsea or United. At least spurs fans would appreciate a cup win after not winning anything for ages, or if it ends up being saints or leicester (or wigan!) then their fans would celebrate like we would at winning a cup

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It irks me that fans like those of United can be so entitled and spoilt that they don't really give a f about reaching an fa cup semi final. It's mental that everyone is so depressed about their season yet they're second and have a chance of winning a trophy. Completely different expectations I guess, but pretty depressing for the rest of us all the same that their fans can afford the luxury of not giving a shit about being in an fa cup semi final.

Really hope the eventual winner isn't Chelsea or United. At least spurs fans would appreciate a cup win after not winning anything for ages, or if it ends up being saints or leicester (or wigan!) then their fans would celebrate like we would at winning a cup

They measure their success on Europe and winning the PL, they also want to see their team playing exciting attacking football.
Manchester City, by far a better side, still in the CL and will win the PL with ease (and a better stadium and probably more money to spend)
Liverpool, although below United a far better side to watch, still in CL and could well still finish above United in PL.
Manchester United fans are so far up their backsides, I have met many over the years and I have never met one that doesn't wind me up about their sense of entitlement and how they are the greatest club in the world.
Paul Scholes was a typical Manchester United fan tonight.
Horrible club, horrible fans.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
12 shots to United's one in the second half! We were effing great and more than a tad unlucky. What a team we have.

Really? Watching MOTD highlights this morning I wasn't sure who the team was who kept shooting as they weren't mentioned in the after match bullshit. The BBC have an agenda against us.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-brighton-hove-albion.437378/

What a depressing bunch of w*nkers the spoilt pampered "fans" of Manu are - expect a divine right to success - suggest they feck off to City or Anfield

Bet you don't read more than 3 pages of this garbage

A quote off of their board,

Brighton's football heritage on full display. Their average league position in the past few years is better than ours so we had to give them thw respect, half of their players would walk right into our team.

Hmmmm, I don’t know who this fella thinks we are, Chelsea, maybe?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
A brave gutsy performance of which we can be proud. Now we are undistracted in the league.
Hats off to the supporters who attended at a dreadfully time of day and in horrible conditions. Your vocal support came across loud and clear . :bowdown:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I am now a firm hater of Manchester United

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Really? Watching MOTD highlights this morning I wasn't sure who the team was who kept shooting as they weren't mentioned in the after match bullshit. The BBC have an agenda against us.

Yeah, not only disappointing but also disrespectful.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Should have had Ryan between the sticks.
We did very well to get as far as we did in the FA cup, but against quality teams you must use your first team stopper.
Would have been a far better story if we could just take our chances.

Since Chris Hughton took over, our number two keeper has played in the cup games. Krul has had more Premier League experience than Ryan.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Two teams on the pitch last night only one set of fans happy.Ours.

This has been a great season for us so far.As many as 8 games from the end of the season and already we are 90% safe,12th in the league(with a game in hand).

For Man U even if they win the FA Cup it will go down as a very disappointing season.Humiliated totally by their biggest rivals City.Humiliated in the CL.Playing dire,boring,send me to sleep football.Add to that they have a crackpot for a manager and he will be there for a few years yet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Listening to fans on the tram we caught back there really is a sense of entitlement which was pretty appalling

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Should have had Ryan between the sticks.
We did very well to get as far as we did in the FA cup, but against quality teams you must use your first team stopper.
Would have been a far better story if we could just take our chances.

I dont think Ryan would of made any difference to the two goals.
They were both point blank headers and Maty would never have got to the crosses or the headers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Albion fans singing relentlessly to the last. Good exciting game, Well played Albion, not quite enoughto break them down.
Thought Locadia was our weak link.

Really ? Though he looked strong, good control, fierce shot on him and not afraid to hit it (something we’ve been missing), runs the channels very well - bit like Sam but an upgrade. Looked far more dangerous than Ulloa for me ho drifted wide too often and has no pace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I felt the same watching the game live on BT. This is LAZY JOURNALISM. The narrative is big club vs smaller club; big club needs FA cup win. When the result is 2-0 the lazy journalists say a 'cold blooded' victory. Bollocks. ManU had a hard game last night against a team that did not come to clog and foul and dive (not once - imagine how Stoke or Palarse would have played against them).

However, all the while we are disregarded we stay under the radar. The last thing I want is the journalists drooling over our players. Earlier on the radio even Sidwell was acknowledging that Dunk might soon be too good for us (I am transliterating here - he didn't exactly say this but the notion was evident). I want us to be ignored so when we stay up we can keep our best players and build.

But it does irritate me when the punters do the 'rah rah Man United go marching' on bollocks. I really dislike that club....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Not really sure that is true. How many of those shots were on target? A few looked like they might have cleared the stadium!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here