Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which of these comments is the most accurate (I didn't watch the game)?

You won't be surprised to know the truth lies somewhere close to the middle, I'd have it favouring Fareham.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In a bar and next to me is a group of barca fans watching their game against Athletics.

I am not in Spain but the national football museum in Manchester... Strange.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
My first game this season against 1 of the big 6....

I see what some of you are saying about the half and half scarves....loads of fans with them!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where does my post say that?

Having the semi-finals at Wembley devalues the magic of the final. I've already been to Wembley this season to watch us play Spurs.

Of all the things which have devalued the FA Cup Wembley semi-finals is not the most significant.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I felt the same watching the game live on BT. This is LAZY JOURNALISM. The narrative is big club vs smaller club; big club needs FA cup win. When the result is 2-0 the lazy journalists say a 'cold blooded' victory. Bollocks. ManU had a hard game last night against a team that did not come to clog and foul and dive (not once - imagine how Stoke or Palarse would have played against them).

However, all the while we are disregarded we stay under the radar. The last thing I want is the journalists drooling over our players. Earlier on the radio even Sidwell was acknowledging that Dunk might soon be too good for us (I am transliterating here - he didn't exactly say this but the notion was evident). I want us to be ignored so when we stay up we can keep our best players and build.

But it does irritate me when the punters do the 'rah rah Man United go marching' on bollocks. I really dislike that club....

I wish I'd said that. On MOTD on Saturday night it was all about the malaise at Man Utd. Nothing about how we were far more adventurous and exciting in our approach to the match. My daughter-in-law, a Man Utd fan who was happy to be a seagull for the night, said afterwards she was disappointed with Manure and we were far more entertaining to watch.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Krul made one save (if the one that hit the outside of the past bounced off him). Could he have done better with either of the goals?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Krul made one save (if the one that hit the outside of the past bounced off him). Could he have done better with either of the goals?

No is the answer

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/929338911?-2803:1015

Tony Cottee on Sky Sports reckoned Brighton's FA Cup performance in the game against Manure was D on a scale of A to D.
I suppose he is still smarting after we did the double on Wet Sham.

What a nobby

They didn't create that many chances and their main priority is to stay in the Premier League, so it wasn't too unexpected that they lost this game. They have had a good season and as long as they stay in the Premier League they won't mind about this too much.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This is always the same when big teams beat smaller ones. We were GOOD. We didn't kick the shit out of them. Tried to play, bided our time and created a hatful of chances. We lacked a little quality but I thought it was brave and well-executed game plan.

We slipped up twice and gave away two relatively easy goals. But to give Man United a B and us a D? I do not believe that Tony Cotee watched that football match.
Capture.PNG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here