Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] F.A Cup Quarter Final Day

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I think I've maybe overplayed my downplaying of the game!!

I'm going and I'm hopefully of an upset (but it will be an upset if we win). All I was trying to say was that if we had Wigan or Southampton at home there would probably have been a lot more talk of a semi-final at Wembley (threads on how many tickets we'd get etc. - which I haven't seen).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm excited and I'm only going to get to watch it on the tellybox. Have a charity do this afternoon that's very important to a couple of friends of mine and we'll be off to the pub straight after otherwise would have been there. Come on, it's the cup quarter final and ANYTHING can happen :albion:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Luckily this will be my third quarter final and the statistics show that whenever we win a quarter final we go on to the final itself!!!!

At least I'm going to the game confident Mick Ferguson isn't playing. Not sure there is any selection that Hughton could make that could deflate my expectations as much as that one did (apart possible for Skalak).

I have absolutely no recollection of the game against Southampton. Yet I must have gone, because I went every week at that time. I must have just blanked it from my mind totally.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know plenty have danced around this already, but now it looks like Spurs are through to the semi finals, what dates are likely for the rearranged fixture?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Shame Spurs date will be changed as Friday night football is such fun.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I have absolutely no recollection of the game against Southampton. Yet I must have gone, because I went every week at that time. I must have just blanked it from my mind totally.

I remember it, was 10 years old I think. Armstrong the bald bloke caused us a lot of problems

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I have a mate who is a big Man United fan (a proper one who actually goes to games) and he is bricking it that we'll turn them over.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So Spurs are at home in the semi-finals. Shouldn't their match be played at the Millennium Stadium instead?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So Spurs are at home in the semi-finals. Shouldn't their match be played at the Millennium Stadium instead?

Their opposition should be given the option to have it played elsewhere

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
f24629017750aeca84625961facb4d69.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I sort of see that point and I dont think our domestic cup games should have been played at Wembley.

However the argument falls down as we had the entire summer being told we wouldnt win a game there.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I sort of see that point and I dont think our domestic cup games should have been played at Wembley.

However the argument falls down as we had the entire summer being told we wouldnt win a game there.

The game should be played at a neutral venue, Wembley is not this season.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Kind of get your point but if we get through and get them in the semi I'm sure people would much rather play at Wembley?

I’ve had enough experience of Wembley already this season thanks all the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here