Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] F.A Cup Quarter Final Day

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Anyone excited yet? It's only 12 or so hours until we play in our first F.A cup quarter final in over 30 years, which is to say the first time in many fans lives or at least their Albion supporting lives(the latter for myself).

The build up this week has been extremely muted, maybe even less so than for a run of the mill league game but now the day is here surely I can't be the only one a teensy bit excited about the prospect of seeing Brighton knock out one of Europe's biggest clubs, on their own patch, as we march on to a historic semi final?

Come on THE ALBION!!!!

:albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Driving up in about 20 mins, just want to watch a decent game of football and hope we don't roll over.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Anyone excited yet? It's only 12 or so hours until we play in our first F.A cup quarter final in over 30 years, which is to say the first time in many fans lives or at least their Albion supporting lives(the latter for myself).

The build up this week has been extremely muted, maybe even less so than for a run of the mill league game but now the day is here surely I can't be the only one a teensy bit excited about the prospect of seeing Brighton knock out one of Europe's biggest clubs, on their own patch, as we march on to a historic semi final?

Come on THE ALBION!!!!

:albion2:
I was just thinking the same and was going to start a thread. Can't wait but I bet the day goes really sloooow.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Because it’s away at United and realistically we only have a slim chance of a win I’m trying not to get too excited. If we had an easier home game I bet there’d be more hype about the prospect of a semifinal.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Where are they now?
Graham Moseley, 29 years old on match day, May 21, 1983.
Signed from Derby in 1977, retired five years after the final. Now aged 64 and a delivery driver for the post office in Chepstow.

Can't imagine either of the goalkeepers in this season's final will end up being a delivery driver!!

Now puts red cards through your letter box

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Because it’s away at United and realistically we only have a slim chance of a win I’m trying not to get too excited. If we had an easier home game I bet there’d be more hype about the prospect of a semifinal.

Anything can happen in a one-off game

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

But this is the beauty and joy of football. This is why we slogged through year after year of lower league football. It's a huge game, an F.A cup quarter final against one of the worlds biggest clubs at a world famous stadium. This is nothing but a glory game. We lose, so what? We win? Dream land!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

The class of 83 thought the same thing when we got drawn away to Liverpool that year! Stranger things happen, maybe for once Chris Hughton will be a tad more adventurous with his away tactics, though I doubt it.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Strictly, it's FA Cup Quarter Final Day One, sadly. By the time Leicester play Chelsea the winners will know who the other semi-finalists are. So unlike 1983 when all four matches took place at the same time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Luckily this will be my third quarter final and the statistics show that whenever we win a quarter final we go on to the final itself!!!!

At least I'm going to the game confident Mick Ferguson isn't playing. Not sure there is any selection that Hughton could make that could deflate my expectations as much as that one did (apart possible for Skalak).

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire

I was at Anfield in 1983 (on the Kop as it happens - as it was the only part of the ground that wasn't already full) Believe me, anything can happen in this kind of game !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here