Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Out of control ski lift in Georgia

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Saw this on facebook earlier. Can’t understand why some form of emergency stop button wasn’t deployed......

Looks like the power supply is restricted by speeding lifts whizzing past it, so no access. Eventually there is access once all the lifts pile up.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Just seen this. Luckily just finished a week skiing in French alps 5 hrs ago. Bit worrying to say the least!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Saw this on fassbook earlier too, mental! Surprised no one was killed!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Saw this on fassbook earlier too, mental! Surprised no one was killed!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

There was a guy who was stationary and looked unconscious next to the increasing pile of lifts. I worried for him. Thankfully in another video I saw him moving his arms in the aftermath. I'm not sure how bad he's hurt, but the reports I read suggested there was a range of mild-moderate injuries. Could have been much, much worse.

I saw another guy avoid being smashed in the head by inches after he managed to duck out the way of a speeding lift.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's not as scary as the cable car scene from Where Eagles Dare

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Saw this on facebook earlier. Can’t understand why some form of emergency stop button wasn’t deployed......

They shouldn't go backward unless the brakes have failed, so the stop button won't have worked. The nature of ski lifts is that a massive proportion of the weight is on one side (basically nobody coming down on the lifts), so when the brakes fail, gravity starts to take hold and the 'heavy' side of the cable will start to go back down. Doesn't take long to get a hell of a lot of momentum. Absolutely horrendous when it happens, I'm surprised nobody dragged the bloke in red away, he was in terrible danger there for a while.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No one died . Its like something out of a Liam neeson movie about skiing . He would be standing with his back to it all going on totally oblivious .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm guessing you mean Leslie Nielsen rather than Liam Neeson...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here