Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What does £3,000,000 buy you?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Very good article, bit harsh on Suttner who’s only missing out because Bong has been in fine form recently.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I suspect that the unsettled maybe the U 23s as the senior guys have ALL been effective to various degrees.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
It takes Neymar just under six weeks to earn £3m. This season the Chinese side Meixian Techand reportedly gave their players a £3m bonus each, just for winning promotion. The payoff that Claudio Ranieri received after being sacked by Leicester was also £3m.

These days £3m does not get you much. Unless you are Brighton that is.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/mar/16/brighton-transfers-pascal-gross-chris-hughton

An interesting revelation in the Comments Section ;

kinnock94
11h ago

I worked with the 1st team at Brighton for a couple of weeks, ( definitely not about coaching, i was cooking for them!) , but I was gobsmacked how different it was to other football clubs i'd worked at , I've done 6 premier league teams.
Chris Hughton is a genuinely nice and intelligent person, and he quite clearly insisted on that on every one involved in the club. He made a point of saying morning and goodbye to everyone even if they were just cleaning for the day.
West Ham were a shambles, the millionaire manager was stealing bottles of cheap spirits and blaming minimum wage agency staff. The players wives where so coked up they paid for staff to go and buy them fishfingers at £45 a sandwich that they couldn't eat due to drug use. Tottenham where better but still stuck in a timewarp , that may admittedly have changed in the last few seasons.
Im definitely not a brighton fan , there certainly not perfect, and at times they have been incredibly financially cynical, but the professionalism and mentality he installs must go a long way to changing the clubs attitude and recruitment. Its like Klopp ,the figurehead instills the attitude throughout the club. That stops panic buys and leads to long not short term recruitment, are you right for the club not are you on the back page this week.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
An interesting revelation in the Comments Section ;

kinnock94
11h ago

I worked with the 1st team at Brighton for a couple of weeks, ( definitely not about coaching, i was cooking for them!) , but I was gobsmacked how different it was to other football clubs i'd worked at , I've done 6 premier league teams.
Chris Hughton is a genuinely nice and intelligent person, and he quite clearly insisted on that on every one involved in the club. He made a point of saying morning and goodbye to everyone even if they were just cleaning for the day.
West Ham were a shambles, the millionaire manager was stealing bottles of cheap spirits and blaming minimum wage agency staff. The players wives where so coked up they paid for staff to go and buy them fishfingers at £45 a sandwich that they couldn't eat due to drug use. Tottenham where better but still stuck in a timewarp , that may admittedly have changed in the last few seasons.
Im definitely not a brighton fan , there certainly not perfect, and at times they have been incredibly financially cynical, but the professionalism and mentality he installs must go a long way to changing the clubs attitude and recruitment. Its like Klopp ,the figurehead instills the attitude throughout the club. That stops panic buys and leads to long not short term recruitment, are you right for the club not are you on the back page this week.
"......and at times they have been incredibly financially cynical, but the professionalism and mentality he installs must go a long way to changing the clubs attitude."

What? When? Are we talking 1980s, Archer and Bellendi here or what?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
"......and at times they have been incredibly financially cynical, but the professionalism and mentality he installs must go a long way to changing the clubs attitude."

What? When? Are we talking 1980s, Archer and Bellendi here or what?

I read that as being financially astute and running the club as a business as far as possible. See PB and some of his cost cutting exercises on peripherals in the Championship.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
"A couple have not settled"

Who are these?

"but probably the only new arrival who has not worked out is Markus Suttner."

What?

I read that in disbelief, too. He's very good and will likely be playing tonight?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here