Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Topman withdraws shirt amid Hillsborough anger

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Very strange given that the Bob Marley single was 'What goes around comes around' but the words on the shirt are 'What goes around comes back around' so I am struggling with the marketing concept that it is referencing a Bob Marley single given the different wording.

What has the white rose got to do with the Bob Marley single.

Also given the lyrics were recorded in 1967 if there was a need to reference a number why wasn't 67 used.

Especially seeing as that remix didn't even make it into the Top 40.

As for the rose, I'm sure there is a different plant/flower that is more often associated with Bob Marley. I can't think why they didn't use that... :smokin:

Publicity stunt.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It also has the word "karma" in large letters down one of the sleeves.

I have no idea what goes through some peoples heads. How can anyone NOT link that shirt directly with the Hillsborough disaster ? Yet someone saw fit to design it, someone saw fit to put it into production, and to sell it in stores across the country. Astonishing.

Whats next, a jumper with a Grenfell montage on it ?

I imagine that the bents from Shoreditch who make up the TOPMAN design team know the square route of f**k all about football or scouse mawkishness.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I imagine that the bents from Shoreditch who make up the TOPMAN design team know the square route of f**k all about football or scouse mawkishness.

No. Whoever designed this knew exactly what they were doing. Pretty snide IMO.

el punal

Can only think the designers aren't in the UK, or have zero interest/knowledge on football. You would think someone should have questioned it though. Madness

It really beggars belief. As you say, surely someone, in the whole processing of this garment, would have thought - "Something's not quite right here."

On the hand, and on a sinister note, some head honcho probably thought that the whole thing was a bit risqué, but hey, think of the publicity and increased sales.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It has to be on purpose. Some sick *******'s had the idea & got it past his innocently ignorant bosses. No way would a re-release date, way after BM's death feature prominently on a red shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here