Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What Saturday means to an Brighton fan.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A nice piece by Tom Storer
(not sure if he's on NSC)

WHAT SATURDAY MEANS TO A BRIGHTON FAN

Our 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford in November was the first time Brighton had played Manchester United in my lifetime and this is the first occasion we have reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup in that time. That says it all about just how special this year has been and an extra trip to the Theatre of Dreams this Saturday will be relished

More >>>http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/Ne...x?newsid=0C041E10-8524-4C1A-B31E-49F68FB3C0DB

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That was the closest we have ever come to a major trophy and we have not been back to Wembley since.

???

Well he said

Our 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford in November was the first time Brighton had played Manchester United in my lifetime

so born after 23.01.1993 he probably doesn't know we were at Wembley two years before then

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A nice piece by Tom Storer
(not sure if he's on NSC)

WHAT SATURDAY MEANS TO A BRIGHTON FAN

Our 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford in November was the first time Brighton had played Manchester United in my lifetime and this is the first occasion we have reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup in that time. That says it all about just how special this year has been and an extra trip to the Theatre of Dreams this Saturday will be relished

More >>>http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/Ne...x?newsid=0C041E10-8524-4C1A-B31E-49F68FB3C0DB

What, Tommy Storrr-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrer?

Not sure, either.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anticipation of this match seems curiously muted for some reason, or some combination of reasons. Guess it's a measure of How Far We've Come and/or how much the FA Cup has been progressively devalued since 1983.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anticipation of this match seems curiously muted for some reason, or combination of reasons. Guess it's a measure of How Far We've Come.

Also perhaps a sense of resignation that we will lose. If it was Man United at home it would be a lot less muted.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Also perhaps a sense of resignation that we will lose. If it was Man United at home it would be a lot less muted.

As with Arsenal game the other week, a lot depends on whether we take the game to them or not. Like Arsenal, their defence is hardly in sparkling form. Might be prudent of the team to get some some extra penalty-taking practice in before tomorrow. Just saying, like.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anticipation of this match seems curiously muted for some reason, or some combination of reasons. Guess it's a measure of How Far We've Come and/or how much the FA Cup has been progressively devalued since 1983.

One of the reasons that the anticipation is seriously muted, is because for many people, (myself included), survival in the Premier League has to be our one and only concern..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not that bothered about this one to be honest.
I have got a big tin of Dark Star APA and some Revelation in though for pre-match to try and help me get up for it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I was thinking exactly the same this week but we have almost sold all our tickets.
Compare this to the furore leading up to the quarter final in 1983.
As yet I have not seen a picture of a single blue & white decorated cake in a bakers window which is shocking.
I can only assume that pessimistic Brighton fans of which I am one sadly, believe we will not win this weekend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I can't help thinking for many our season ended when the referee blew the final whistle v Arsenal.
SBTS giving way to 'we are staying up'.
What followed was a week of high excitement then a drab defeat.

This game's just another 'all Premier League' fixture, with a certain inevitability to it, while the next league match isn't until the 31st.

Short of an unlikely win v Utd or an even more unlikely run of poor defeats, as much as I don't think we'll be muted, this season will be played out with the sound too low for Nanny.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I can't help thinking for many our season ended when the referee blew the final whistle v Arsenal.
SBTS giving way to 'we are staying up'.
What followed was a week of high excitement then a drab defeat.

This game's just another 'all Premier League' fixture, with a certain inevitability to it, while the next league match isn't until the 31st.

Short of an unlikely win v Utd or an even more unlikely run of poor defeats, as much as I don't think we'll be muted, this season will be played out with the sound too low for Nanny.

Which, providing we finish no lower than 17th in the table, will be absolutely fine by me. Surviving our debut season in the Premier League wil be, as far as l'm concerned anyway, an even greater feat than getting there in the first place.

Let's face it, even winning FA Cup isn't nearly as prestigious as it once was, so tomorrow's game is almost just one game too many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here