[News] Huge FIre in South Portslade

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thick smoke up boundry road

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Schools been told to keep their kiddies in and close the windows.

Seemly possible ammonia from the timber.

Looks a nasty one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Caused by sparks from disc grinders being used to cut up some old ventilation ducts apparently. Mainly wood and plasterboard in the building, but also some chemicals.

Someones going to be in the poop.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Bugger. I did actually need to go there today.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just had a text to say our access to the office may be difficult tomorrow. I assume there are toxic issues there. We are about 100 metres away.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just had a text to say our access to the office may be difficult tomorrow. I assume there are toxic issues there. We are about 100 metres away.

Smoke has all but gone. They treated timber there as well as other products. I expect you are right, it is probably a right mess.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I'm about 100m from you're office then. I'll do a recce. It's thick white smoke around the basin now.
I'll tell them you're coming in anyway and will use pedestrian access via the blue metal steps from the A259.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm about 100m from you're office then. I'll do a recce. It's thick white smoke around the basin now.
I'll tell them you're coming in anyway and will use pedestrian access via the blue metal steps from the A259.

Thankfully I hadn't set off this morning when I got the call. I normally use the steps off the 259. I suspect it will be fine really. I did get my birthday off after all...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I 'm doing the Moyleman Downland Marathon on Sunday. With the threat of snow on Sunday I tested a pair of leggings with lycra pants and walking socks whilst having coffee this morning. I promise I don't normally dress like that. Next minute rush out to see the smoke and get in the Argus crossing the road....

portsldade fire heart sussex.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I 'm doing the Moyleman Downland Marathon on Sunday. With the threat of snow on Sunday I tested a pair of leggings with lycra pants and walking socks whilst having coffee this morning. I promise I don't normally dress like that. Next minute rush out to see the smoke and get in the Argus crossing the road....

View attachment 95177

.... and there rests the case for the defence!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Think yourselves lucky only having to close windows. The truck that carted off the ex Russians spy’s contaminated car has been in a lay-by 2 miles away from my house for the last 5 days. It seems the authorities have just realised it might be a good idea to check it over for traces of nerve agent :ffsparr:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Road closed tomorrow to traffic but not to humans- or Fernando the resident manky fox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here