Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
White smoke still drifting over area

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Large fires like that quite often take over 24 hours to damp down. Even one small hotspot can revive a fire.

I guess with the building so unstable you can only rely on getting the water in from the outside, so difficult to tackle every bit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Caused by sparks from disc grinders being used to cut up some old ventilation ducts apparently. Mainly wood and plasterboard in the building, but also some chemicals.

Someones going to be in the poop.

One of my customers is a supplier to them and was told this by the site manager too. Very big oops....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Dear Councillor Nemeth,
Following on from our telephone conversation a little earlier and to feedback regarding residents’ concerns.
The fire at Chandlers builders merchants yesterday involved building material such as wood, paint etc. East Sussex Fire and Rescue advised that there were no materials that would produce toxic smoke involved. The structure of the building was modern with no asbestos material present. Local residents were advised to say indoors during the worst of the fire yesterday. The fire brigade are still on site this morning 16th and will probably remain damping down for the rest of the day. This due to the fact that the building is now unstable so the fire crews have to take great care when cleaning out the hot spots. The Fire brigade, Police and City Council would like to thank local business and residents for their cooperation during the event.
There is no on-going air quality health risk or hazards from any ash or debris from the fire. In addition the Environment Agency have been working hard to stop any contaminated water getting into water courses or the sea.
I hope that helps.
Regards
Nick Wilmot
Regulatory Services Manager
Brighton & Hove City Council

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here