Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Best Day Out in Sussex

Best Day out in Sussex?

• South Downs (Half Moon to Shepherd and Dog)

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Rye/Camber Sands

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • West Wittering Beaches

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Arundel

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Brighton and Hove

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Hastings (1066 Country)

• Bognor/Butlins

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Chichester

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Lewes

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Herstmonceaux

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Eastbourne/Pevensey/Drusillas/Middle Farm

• Sussex Wine Trail

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Goodwood (any event)

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
A genuinely fascinating poll as it turns out with some evocative contributions. From one of our number running an old school heritage train line to a campaign to re-integrate Tunbridge Wells into Sussex, as many have pointed out we are so very lucky here in Sussex. In hindsight I would have added Amberley and The Bluebell onto the formal list of options. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] you should publish the NSC guide to Sussex:goal:

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
The Sussex Downs is one the most stunning places on earth, Brighton is alright as city but it's hugely overrated.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The South Downs are nice, but one of the most stunning places on earth, they really are not, unless the list has hundreds of thousands of places on it.

All in the eye of the beholder I guess so impossible to judge. I’ve possibly been to 50+ countries, and not sure I’ve seen anywhere I like better yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The South Downs are nice, but one of the most stunning places on earth, they really are not, unless the list has hundreds of thousands of places on it.

I've been to the Rockies, european Alps, Sweden, etc - all beautiful places, incredible.

But the South Downs are beautiful in their own understated way. Many quiet valleys, the dramatic scarp slope, tranquil coombes, with delicate native flora and fauna.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here