Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Blimey! 23 Russian diplomats expelled!!!!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Whilst it remains the most plausible of opinions, what proof is there ?

You mean apart from a weapons-grade chemical nerve agent developed by the Russians who have form for murdering ex-spies (and others) in very unpleasant ways being used to try to kill a Russian double agent?

HMG would have consulted all the relevant experts - MI5/6, Porton Down before coming to their conclusion. They are even going to send a sample of the nerve agent to the UN's Office for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons for independent verification.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
As leader of the opposition, Corbyn is privy to the up to date information on the investigation, so he knows full well what inforation we have and why the Russians have been identified. Chemical weapons are no joke and having on the streets of this country is unacceptable. Corbyn has demonstrated that when it comes to the crucnh in making real decisions, instead of bleating on and whining about athers decisions, he has been found wanting. Whose pulling hia strings, because his performance in the commons was so far off the mark it was embarassing to watch, a wolf in sheeps clothing, today clearly oit of his depth.

I always though that was the case until the Iraq War. When Blair said that they had evidence of Saddam's "Weapons of Mass Destruction", he was backed by the leader of the opposition. I assumed that the evidence was shared (as it was such an important decision). It wasn't.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
You mean apart from a weapons-grade chemical nerve agent developed by the Russians who have form for murdering ex-spies (and others) in very unpleasant ways being used to try to kill a Russian double agent?

HMG would have consulted all the relevant experts - MI5/6, Porton Down before coming to their conclusion. They are even going to send a sample of the nerve agent to the UN's Office for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons for independent verification.

50 years ago. It is also a collection of different types of agent. Porton Down may well have it themselves for research purposes.

The point is this. Russian involvement seems to be the most likely outcome. But it is not wrong to ask for an evidence based conclusion to be sought over a collection of supposed indicators.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
As leader of the opposition, Corbyn is privy to the up to date information on the investigation, so he knows full well what inforation we have and why the Russians have been identified. Chemical weapons are no joke and having on the streets of this country is unacceptable. Corbyn has demonstrated that when it comes to the crucnh in making real decisions, instead of bleating on and whining about athers decisions, he has been found wanting. Whose pulling hia strings, because his performance in the commons was so far off the mark it was embarassing to watch, a wolf in sheeps clothing, today clearly oit of his depth.

Tosh. He asked for evidence whilst condemning Russian foreign policy beyond what I've heard from the other side of the house.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
**** me, you must have been cross when you typed that. You seem to almost have reached the state of perpetual frenzy and outrage that afflicts NSC's most badly punctuating poster . (sic).

Still, you are right. It wasn't a goal scoring opportunity, but a safe backpass situation, and the silly old communist traitor has just hammered the ball from the centre circle back into his own net, taking out his own defence in the process.

I'm now thinking of taking a cheeky punt on Vince Cable to come through the pack at the next elec.....oh. Caretaker leader.

Bugger. :facepalm:

You really are an idiot at times

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The United States? Seriously? They have been deafening by their silence.

Apart from the President saying the US is ‘with the UK all the way’ and "It sounds to me like it would be Russia, based on all the evidence they have," Trump told reporters outside the White House. "It sounds to me like they believe it was Russia and I would certainly take that finding as fact."

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Apart from the President saying the US is ‘with the UK all the way’ and "It sounds to me like it would be Russia, based on all the evidence they have," Trump told reporters outside the White House. "It sounds to me like they believe it was Russia and I would certainly take that finding as fact."

He will take that finding as fact IF HE AGREES WITH IT. He hasn't said the US is with the UK all the way.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/is-trump-sticking-to-his-word-over-the-russian-spy-case

Of course, Trump could tweet or make a statement at any moment. But, for now, it seems he has not publicly declared accepted the British government’s findings to be fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
50 years ago. It is also a collection of different types of agent. Porton Down may well have it themselves for research purposes.

The point is this. Russian involvement seems to be the most likely outcome. But it is not wrong to ask for an evidence based conclusion to be sought over a collection of supposed indicators.

The point is you and I have no idea how nerve agents are identified or what can be derived from a sample. What variant/strain it is, what year it was made, what level of training is needed to transport and succesfully use this type of weapon.The people at Porton Down do. MI5/6 would also be the best qualified to provide other sources of information relevant to identifying likely culprits.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
He's made some valid points, he wants to know that we are squeaky clean and have the Russians by the nadgers before we act .As for the part of your quote that I have highlighted in bold, we have 18 months looking at someone clearly out of their depth on the other side of the dispatch box.

THis is not a party political issue, its a security issue, he is out of his depth and your comments are niave. This is no time for talking, weakness on behalf of Obama, Cameron have allowed Putin to flex his muscles and he needs calling out, this could be the tip of the iceberg from him. Its time for many people to grow a pair.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
**** me, you must have been cross when you typed that. You seem to almost have reached the state of perpetual frenzy and outrage that afflicts NSC's most badly punctuating poster . (sic).

Still, you are right. It wasn't a goal scoring opportunity, but a safe backpass situation, and the silly old communist traitor has just hammered the ball from the centre circle back into his own net, taking out his own defence in the process.

I'm now thinking of taking a cheeky punt on Vince Cable to come through the pack at the next elec.....oh. Caretaker leader.

Bugger. :facepalm:

Its the wifi, sorry, was on my way out, i'll try harder next time. Christ thats what my teacher wrote in my report.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He will take that finding as fact IF HE AGREES WITH IT. He hasn't said the US is with the UK all the way.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/is-trump-sticking-to-his-word-over-the-russian-spy-case

Of course, Trump could tweet or make a statement at any moment. But, for now, it seems he has not publicly declared accepted the British government’s findings to be fact.

'all the way' is a quote so he obviously said it and he said "It sounds to me like they believe it was Russia and I would certainly take that finding as fact.". Anyway I thought you were claiming there was a deafening silence from the US? :p

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
'all the way' is a quote so he obviously said it and he said "It sounds to me like they believe it was Russia and I would certainly take that finding as fact.". Anyway I thought you were claiming there was a deafening silence from the US? :p

Sometimes I wish there was.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
[/B]

Tosh. He asked for evidence whilst condemning Russian foreign policy beyond what I've heard from the other side of the house.

AS per my previous post he has been kept in the loop of what is happening and knows full well why the decision has been taken. Try and put party political allegiances aside and consider this a security issue, its time for those who we elect to stand up, Corbyn has let down both those in his own parliamentary party and the electorate, this should be recognised. This is not about party politics and Corbyn is out of step with the house.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

There was until today, despite the poisoning happening days ago.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
AS per my previous post he has been kept in the loop of what is happening and knows full well why the decision has been taken. Try and put party political allegiances aside and consider this a security issue, its time for those who we elect to stand up, Corbyn has let down both those in his own parliamentary party and the electorate, this should be recognised. This is not about party politics and Corbyn is out of step with the house.

His own back benchers were amazed and not in a good way.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

The thing is this was most likely carried out by a highly trained team of professional hit men so its not going to be easy to gather categorical proof. It would have been meticulously planned and they would have covered their steps, the Russian government would have also pre-prepared responses to any evidence found.

I would say that its highly likely that the perpetrators will already be out of the country and highly unlikely that even if they are identified that Russia would agree to have them extradited.

So do you just do nothing when everyone with half a brain can tell that it was a Moscow ordered attack?

In my opinion its clear from the method used that Russia wants the world to know that its them without publicly admitting it and is testing our response and our resolve. How we and our allies respond will govern in a big way what happens next, any stalling and indecision will give Putin the green light to press ahead with whatever further strategic plans he has.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here