Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Professor Stephen Hawking RIP

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I wonder if his last gift to mankind was the completion of our new ticket exchange , hats off to you sir and may you rest in eternal time space continuum peace .

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
An incredible human mind, probably one of the greatest to ever apply itself to science, trapped in a body that was failing him. A real inspiration for so many. RIP Professor Stephen Hawking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
One of the greatest minds ever to have lived. Rest in Peace.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Some individuals' lives are unimaginable to the rest of us. I think Stephen Hawking's falls into the category. Genius combined with overcoming adversity. RIP.

Well said. I can't let this pass without adding my respect and admiration for this incredible man, and yes, I have read "A Brief History of Time".

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I was lucky enough to meet the great man years ago. I was shocked that I found it hard to see through the disability, even though I knew what a great man he was. It really made me confront how I viewed disabled people, I hadn’t realised at that time that I was subconsciously thinking of disabled people in a negative way. It isn’t easy to find out that you have been unaware of your prejudice. Life changing for my attitudes, and I am sure that was true for many others that he interacted with.

RIP.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
He got so many people into science.

Once he queried as to why are we trying so hard to communicate with aliens.Making the point that maybe we shouldn't be making them aware we exist and where we are in case they decide to take us over. We can't assume they will come in peace. Great point which I agree with.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
RIP Prof Hawkin

When he spoke, people listened. An incredible contribution to mankind

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm really quite upset to hear of this, probably more than I'd expect to be. He was an inspiration to so many and also a man of principle - he declined a knighthood over the government's handling of science funding. You'll always be a "Sir" to me, Mr Hawking, and may you rest in peace.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
The universe has lost another truly amazing and intelligent human. He will always be remembered and his work celebrated.

I feel so sad, my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
"I have lived with the prospect of an early death for the last 49 years. I'm not afraid of death, but I'm in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first."

And he did. RIP.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Pretty much everyone just moved up a place on the clever and inspirational league tables

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When he spoke, people listened.

I think thats the greatest compliment that can be paid to him - he was such an authority, but remarkably humble.

RIP Prof, you've made such a difference to everyone.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Can you imagine him now, up there, talking with Galileo, Newton & Einstein - he's in another world.

Totally awesome and inspirational human being, showing what can still be achieved despite the [massive] challenges of physical disability.

RIP Great Man ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here