Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man U tonight

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
That’s since the summer of 2016 when Mourinho/Guardiola joined their current clubs. At the end of the 2015-16 season United and City both finished on exactly the same number of points (66) so it can be fairly assumed both men walked into a similar situation. Since then City have admittedly spent more and I agree £100m is a lot of money, but they are now so far ahead. United’s deficit on the pitch is far, far greater than the gap in expenditure. In my opinion it just shows what a revolutionary Guardiola is and what a dinosaur Mourinho now is at the top level.

I agree and I think I would much rather watch a Guardiola team than a Mourinho team and Peps approach to football. I was just taking issue with the assumption that Mourinho had somehow spent badly whereas if he had been the second level of spending and not be second in the league there could be a case for that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only question is will they turn up in good shape this weekend or not. I'd like to think not, and that we go for them. The FA cup-stealing handballing cheating thunder*****.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
So which Man United team will turn up Saturday? The one that pulled Liverpool apart in the first half last weekend, or the lethargic shitshow they served up tonight?

Hopefully the latter.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Fair point. Although if you look down rather than up you could compare United to Liverpool even more unfavourably. In the same time Liverpool have actually made a small PROFIT in the transfer market, yet they are only just behind United in the table, play more attractive football and arguably have a squad with more potential to go on and win things in the next few years.

Or further down for Arsenal who made a profit or break even for at least the last 10 years (30 million profit during the summer transfer window) and have won more than Klop but the media consider their manager shot and laughing at his "pitty patty" football prior to Guardiola arriving.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mourinho post-match press conference:

"I've sat in this chair twice before, with Porto - Man Utd out. With Real Madrid - Man Utd out. So this is nothing new for this football club."

United fans will be LAPPING that up, no doubt :lolol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think we'll get well and truly tonked now. There absolutely has to be a backlash, added to which the FA Cup is now the only trophy they can win.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's still a very good time to play them rather than had they won tonight.
I hope you're right
I think we'll get well and truly tonked now. There absolutely has to be a backlash, added to which the FA Cup is now the only trophy they can win.
but I think you are.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Sevilla were very good when they played at the Amex. I should have put a bet on them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/whistles-against-sevilla.437259/page-3

Booing their players from the first half when 0-0. Bizarre fanbase.

After last night I think keeping the score at 0-0 for as long as possible will result in the crowd turning. I rather hope that we can do this and score a very very late winner. If we score early I think we may be in trouble. Odd logic maybe but the crowd getting restless whilst at 0-0 will give us our best chance I think. Being a goal down will just motivate them I think.

Anyway this is a free game for us, hope we perform well regardless of the outcome. Really hope we don’t just try and contain them without showing attacking intent, we know what always happens at this level when we play like that...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
After last night I think keeping the score at 0-0 for as long as possible will result in the crowd turning. I rather hope that we can do this and score a very very late winner
Or take it to pens. With Ryan in goal we'd stand a good chance. What is Krul like at saving pens?

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
We have been rubbish away from home all season, but the fact we have already played at OT this season and that we have to either win or lose the game means a shift in tactics should make it an interesting game for us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Or further down for Arsenal who made a profit or break even for at least the last 10 years (30 million profit during the summer transfer window) and have won more than Klop but the media consider their manager shot and laughing at his "pitty patty" football prior to Guardiola arriving.

Arsenal fans are Wenger's biggest critics with campaigns against him for years and swathes of empty seats at most Emirates games. Many football writers continued to defend Wenger, but in the end just 3 FAC's in 14 years, their annual CL thrashings and no longer a top 4 team have turned even his last mates.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
La Liga is not the strongest league....it's actually weak bar a few teams.......

The Premier League is still the strongest league even if no teams make the semis of the CL.

It is the strongest due to the history, speed, physicality, weather, intensity, wages, and media frenzy..........Bottom half of La Liga is mainly Withdean stadiums in little towns.

Just about every league in Europe is weak bar a few teams. The Premier League included. History? So football started in 1992 then? As for the rest of that list - I see little relevance to being the strongest league. Wages may have a bearing to a degree as it attracts the (so called) best players. Aside from that.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here