Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Man U tonight

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was he there?
    Now the big question is which team do we play, first or reserves. Personally I'd be annoyed if CH didn't throw our full team at United. Feel we can do it.
    Chris has said he is playing his best team, if that includes Locadia and or Ulloa is a question to be asked though.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      One or two irate Man U fans on 5Live calling for Jose to go after tonights performance.... it's not a great squad and I think he's been found out.
      If we beat them on Saturday theyíll be a lot more callers (from Devon)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grummit View Post
      Quite right! I'll try again - Andalucia?
      Indeed.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pauli cee View Post
      Personally I don't think it's his his signings that have been the biggest problem, ( Sanchez aside, I'm sure he only signed him to keep him away from city, look at his record at Chelsea signing a lot of good young players and sending them out on loan), but rather he has no idea of how to put this team together, tactics, how to set them up etc.

All good for us come Saturday hopefully
      To be fair winning the Champions league with clubs such as Porto and Inter Milan is a tremendous achievement. Strangely, with more fancied clubs like Chelsea, Real Madrid, and now Man U he has come up short.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      They do not have just the FA Cup to go for as although it is the only possible trophy, but more important is a Champions League qualification is in their sights not via Europa Cup.
      You do realise they'll get a Champions League spot by finishing Top 4?
      In this great future you can't forget your past

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhaseeer View Post
      La Liga is not the strongest league....it's actually weak bar a few teams.......

The Premier League is still the strongest league even if no teams make the semis of the CL.

It is the strongest due to the history, speed, physicality, weather, intensity, wages, and media frenzy..........Bottom half of La Liga is mainly Withdean stadiums in little towns.
      I picked one ....I see what you mean about Withdean https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...%C3%A8ncia.png

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Renegade1 View Post
      Take away the top 6 in the Prem and we are talking very average.
      I would gladly take a bet for a league vs league of the EPL and la Liga minus their top 6 teams.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      Since Mourinho and Guardiola joined last summer Unitedís net spend is just over £300m while Cityís is just under £400m. So while City have outspent them itís not a huge difference. Compare that to the team Pep hasnít put together and the beautiful football they produce and you can surely see how woeful Mourinho is not only when it comes to spending, but also in creating a team with balance, purpose and an idea of exactly what it is trying to achieve. Heís a busted flush.
      100m is not a huge difference...really? that is 1/3 of uniteds spend and that is just this year its not even including previous years. I cant believe you brushed that off as nothing.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Saunders View Post
      100m is not a huge difference...really? that is 1/3 of uniteds spend and that is just this year its not even including previous years. I cant believe you brushed that off as nothing.
      That’s since the summer of 2016 when Mourinho/Guardiola joined their current clubs. At the end of the 2015-16 season United and City both finished on exactly the same number of points (66) so it can be fairly assumed both men walked into a similar situation. Since then City have admittedly spent more and I agree £100m is a lot of money, but they are now so far ahead. United’s deficit on the pitch is far, far greater than the gap in expenditure. In my opinion it just shows what a revolutionary Guardiola is and what a dinosaur Mourinho now is at the top level.

0 Not allowed!
      http://www.redcafe.net/threads/whist....437259/page-3

Booing their players from the first half when 0-0. Bizarre fanbase.