Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man U tonight

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
So when we got drawn against Man U Scholes figured they may as well let Man U through to the semi's.
I wonder what he felt when Man U got Sevilla.It's too funny.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I posted a similar comment on the Palace v United thread a couple of weeks ago but how is Mourinho getting away with a lack of criticism? He is useless. He’s spent £300m on cumbersome lumps like Lukaku, a flash but ultimately pointless player in Pogba, an ageing and ponderous Matic, a dodgy Bailly etc. Still they’ve got two ex wingers at full back and dog shit like Fellaini in midfield. Their most dangerous player is Rashford who he often leaves on the bench. And he’s spending £350k a week on Sanchez who has no pace and will never fit in to one of his teams.

Worst of all, the football is so incredibly boring and predictable. Seriously, if you look at performances versus money spent and expectations Mourinho is closer to being one of the worst managers in the PL than the best. He’s finished. It’s a matter of time until they have to sack him. It just baffles me that the media seem to be too frightened to tell it like it is.

Having said that I still think we’ll lose on Saturday as this is a much bigger game for them than us.

Well said :thumbsup:

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
I posted a similar comment on the Palace v United thread a couple of weeks ago but how is Mourinho getting away with a lack of criticism? He is useless. He’s spent £300m on cumbersome lumps like Lukaku, a flash but ultimately pointless player in Pogba, an ageing and ponderous Matic, a dodgy Bailly etc. Still they’ve got two ex wingers at full back and dog shit like Fellaini in midfield. Their most dangerous player is Rashford who he often leaves on the bench. And he’s spending £350k a week on Sanchez who has no pace and will never fit in to one of his teams.

Worst of all, the football is so incredibly boring and predictable. Seriously, if you look at performances versus money spent and expectations Mourinho is closer to being one of the worst managers in the PL than the best. He’s finished. It’s a matter of time until they have to sack him. It just baffles me that the media seem to be too frightened to tell it like it is.

Having said that I still think we’ll lose on Saturday as this is a much bigger game for them than us.

Mou's record in the last 8ish years isn't fantastic.His best days are way behind him.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Just shows the Premier league is not that great. Seville are not exactly one of the Spanish top sides in their league.

If you go by individual results Spurs are a better team than Real Madrid and Brighton are better than Arsenal. It doesnt work like that.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Yes for Arsenal, not so for Man U. We're not playing them in the league at the weekend, just the cup, and they'll want to put right what went wrong today.

I get that Arsenal didn't have much to play for against us except for pride however Man U still have to get themselves up.It's still a very good time to play them rather than had they won tonight.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

Its the reason why we need to use our wingers and hit them on the counter. Sevilla did it brilliantly today. Manure when they attack are average, when they defend they are poor.

Time for us to knock them 'oot o the cup!'

TNBA

TTF

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
La Liga proves yet again it is the strongest league in the world.

After the group stages and all 5 Prem teams doing so well the english media already had the
CL sewn up for a Prem team.Looking much less likely now.

Always amusing to see the reactionary nonsense based on flawed logic after matches such as these.

Atletico Madrid went out in the group stages. Did you at the time conclude the Premier League was the strongest league as all the teams made it through?

Anyone who watched the two legs can clearly see United are better than Sevilla. They were shocking tonight, though. They constantly lost the wall, meaning their game lacked flow couldn't build up any momentum. Sanchez and Pogba when he came on did not turn up, along with the rest of their players. Looked like a bunch of strangers on the pitch.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

I think he has been getting plenty of criticism and the boring element to his tactics has always been an issue. That was the main reason why Abramovic wanted him to leave the first time was because of the boring football criticism. As for the spending he is second to a team who is outspending him so dont quite get the point there except that spending 100's of millions is the only way of getting in the top 2.

As for Saturday moral is a big thing as seen by the Arsenal game if this effects them badly then we could capitalise on it. It could go the other way though and they use it as motivation to crush us, lets hope its the former.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

Personally I don't think it's his his signings that have been the biggest problem, ( Sanchez aside, I'm sure he only signed him to keep him away from city, look at his record at Chelsea signing a lot of good young players and sending them out on loan), but rather he has no idea of how to put this team together, tactics, how to set them up etc.

All good for us come Saturday hopefully

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
La Liga is not the strongest league....it's actually weak bar a few teams.......

The Premier League is still the strongest league even if no teams make the semis of the CL.

It is the strongest due to the history, speed, physicality, weather, intensity, wages, and media frenzy..........Bottom half of La Liga is mainly Withdean stadiums in little towns.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Redcafe posters are describing it as the long ball tactics of muscled giants worked in narrow wins over CP and Liverpool, but were useless against an average technical european team. Jose always prefers power/height over finesse, but I can’t recall his Porto being based just on that. Perhaps he’s gone more conservative with age?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's a great result for us.

They will be under mega pressure Saturday and they still don't know how to play as a team, or with any real shape. It's a team of individuals.

Sure, but tonight didn't change that. They'll now field a full-strength squad and won't take us lightly.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

One or two irate Man U fans on 5Live calling for Jose to go after tonights performance.... it's not a great squad and I think he's been found out.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Personally I wish they had won after extra time and it would keep then distracted from Saturday and the game on the 5th May.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Mourinho hasn't been doing THAT badly. The club is in a far stronger position now than it is when he went there. Better this season than last, and I'm sure they'll be better next season. Most seasons they would still be in the title race with 65 points from 30 games, but of course this season City have won nearly every game which makes them look gash by comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here