Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I know this is 2018 thread but did anyone get a ST for the White Hart Death Star games. I gave up refreshing after 90 minutes.

Kept getting a red banner but no further. Re sale site or BBC for me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
any joy?

sold out now

I managed to get the 2 I was after, but it was a close call and an utter shambles.

How they can justify only letting you select Price Category is beyond me. Not actual seat, not section, not even what stand.

Loads of tickets all over the reselling sites straight away, while loads of real fans just miss out. Any sort of priority to long-standing STHs would have cut that right down, but they don't care. They sell as many as they can as fast as they can. All sold out in about 90 mins, so what's the problem to them?

Disgraceful. We're trying to build a loyal fanbase here FFS.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I missed out on tickets this morning, over 2 hours in the queue and when I got in they’d all sold out. I only wanted Panthers tickets anyway, but was prepared to buy tickets for the 2 games to secure tickets to see the Panthers. I flatly refuse to pay the amounts people are asking in the reselling sites out if principle. Have to have my fingers crossed for the general sale in a few weeks time now. Not happy!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
any joy?

sold out now

Took me 90 minutes to get in, and the best left was CAT 4, so I am in the upper tier diagonally up from corner flag in the South stand.

I had a look last night at view from my seat and like the AMEX their is not a bad seat in the ground.

Looking forward to the Black Hole taking over the White Hart Death Star, bring it on.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Absolute ****ing shambles, 90 mins queuing, rumours flying around that they're sold out, and then when I get in it appears that way. I kept clicking search and changing the price band over and over again, and to my astonishment 2 came up. Snapped them up straight away £300 seemed within budget at a push (or at least did so weighed against a whole morning wasted and no tickets at all), and have only now realised that they are in totally separate parts of the stadium, miles away from each other, within different price bands (£110 and £190).

Not sure how it even allowed that to happen. At least we're 2 grown men who can have a few beers before the game and then watch it separately. But seems like some sort of glitch - would imagine it's affected others too.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I was all ready to rant about how crap Ticketmaster is as I sat in the queue, but have just got a pair of individual match tickets for the Jags game at Wembley so I'm a happy chappy.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Wife sat at home with 2 devices refreshing on Ticketmaster since 9.30am this morning hoping for tickets to the Bucs game as its my sons fav team - nothing. All sold out within minutes.
Didn't even come close to getting any.... :annoyed: :rant::tantrum:
Always got tickets easily before, so somethings gone screwy this year surely?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Wife sat at home with 2 devices refreshing on Ticketmaster since 9.30am this morning hoping for tickets to the Bucs game as its my sons fav team - nothing. All sold out within minutes.
Didn't even come close to getting any.... :annoyed: :rant::tantrum:
Always got tickets easily before, so somethings gone screwy this year surely?

I think I got lucky, I’m a Panthers fan and managed to get 2 tickets for that game. I had tried a couple of weeks ago for the 2 game season tickets, just to secure tickets to see the Panthers, but these all got bought up by touts within the first few minutes and were promptly for sale on the re-selling sites within a few minutes for at least 300% of face value. I did look at the hospitality tickets last week, but the only ones available when I got through were over £500 a ticket.

So today I wasn’t particularly confident. I set up 5 devices (2 laptops, an iPad and 2 phones) and waited.... I got in at about 10.20, was offered 2 decent tickets (along the sidelines, at around £75 each), so I hit go and then got stuck on a page with a “buy it” button that didn’t respond. Infuriatingly I watched the clock count down from 10 minutes until it expired and the tickets were lost. However, luckily, whilst this was going on, my iPad had managed to get 2 tickets as well. Not quite as good, towards the top of the South Stand, but tickets nonetheless. Nervously I pressed the buy it now button and was equally as surprised and relieved when it took me through to the payment details page.

I still had an anxious wait whilst my payment was authorising, which seemed to take for ever. But, I got my tickets.

Sadly, the majority of real fans don’t appear to have been able to get ticket.

Ticketmaster really need to sort this out.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My eldest son is up at White Hart Lane today for the 2nd round of trials for the new NFL Academy, which is starting later this year up in London. Gutted I cant be there with him - especially as the likes of JuJu Smith - Schuster, Jalen Ramsey, Cam Brate, Giovanni Bernard, Efe Obada, as well as Osi & Jason Bell, are all there mentoring the kids in their quest for a place. Over 1500 kids applied, last week they took it down to 150, and after today's combine they'll announce the last 80 to get through to the college....fingers crossed!
Hes also being filmed and interviewed for BBC South, so you may see the article on TV fairly soon!

https://twitter.com/NFLUK?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My eldest son is up at White Hart Lane today for the 2nd round of trials for the new NFL Academy, which is starting later this year up in London. Gutted I cant be there with him - especially as the likes of JuJu Smith - Schuster, Jalen Ramsey, Cam Brate, Giovanni Bernard, Efe Obada, as well as Osi & Jason Bell, are all there mentoring the kids in their quest for a place. Over 1500 kids applied, last week they took it down to 150, and after today's combine they'll announce the last 80 to get through to the college....fingers crossed!
Hes also being filmed and interviewed for BBC South, so you may see the article on TV fairly soon!

https://twitter.com/NFLUK?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Blimey that's brilliant - a future Brown maybe? :)

What's his favoured position?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Blimey that's brilliant - a future Brown maybe? :)

What's his favoured position?

Would love to think so - but his team are the Bucs! His favourite player is Jalen Ramsey though, so hes super excited that hes there today.
Last year he played Safety / DB - but this year hes bulked up a fair bit (6ft 1, 93kg) & is at LB.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just a couple of pics from him this morning...plus one I took last week.
IMG_20190702_112955_560.jpg
20190702_101044.jpg
IMG_20190622_145400_295.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Amazing day at WHL for all the NFL Academy boys yesterday....treated like stars. Each had their own locker in the main changing room with all their Nike Combine gear laid out ready for them - & they had lectures from Jason Bell, Osi, Efe, & Juju etc between the drills / tests. Unsurprisingly he was absolutely buzzing when he got home last night!

IMG_20190702_222618_021.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Watched the Giants Jets friendly last night. Nice win for the Giants 31-22. Surprised they played Manning who botched the first drive. But was very impressed with rookie Daniel Jones who took over for Manning and completed all 5 of his pass attempts. After last season's shambolic games hopefully the Giants can turn things round - but not holding my breath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here