Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The 2020 class could end up being like all-time loaded. The year before last is an interesting one isn't it? At the time it was thought of as being pretty QB light but the three taken in the first round all look like they should have good careers.

Perhaps that'll happen this time but it seems unlikely.

2020 looks loaded. I’m fearful that the Jags front office are going to try and roll with Bortles for one more season for a few reasons, as I’ve mentioned above we’re hamstrung by cap space so a vet is a no go, no HC other than Marrone is willing to hitch their cart to the Bortles experience hence he’s still the HC, the QB draft class isn’t inspiring so they look for another lost season to get the QB in 2020. It’s a huge risk IMO as Ngakoue, Ramsey, Jack etc will revolt, Campbell and Dareus aren’t getting any younger! Despite a poor season the defence can still play at a high level but the window is closing.
It’s a real head scratcher.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The decision to retain Bortles is looking more and more horrific, there’s literally no wiggle room for cap space so we can’t go after a vet QB.

It was a dumb decision (and I'm a Skins fan and know a dumb decision when I see one!). A real shame as the rest of the roster had been really well put together.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It was a dumb decision (and I'm a Skins fan and know a dumb decision when I see one!). A real shame as the rest of the roster had been really well put together.

Another laughable decision was releasing both Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson, both featured in the post season, and favoured the perennially injured Marquis Lee and the CBA’d Donte Moncrief. Poor.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Jets appoint Adam Gase as their head coach. Formerly with the dolphins, Gase will be the first appointment with previous head coach experience since 1997. He'll have his work cut out with the Jets who have had only one winning season since 2011. Jets also looking to hire former Broncos head coach Vance Joseph as defense coordinator.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Disgusting call. The officials are having an appalling post season thus far.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Drew Brees. Guaranteed entertainment.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Foles has turned back into the QB he normally is :down:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Shame it ended that way. Was looking forward to the inevitable game winning drive from Brees with about a minute on the clock!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ah well. No one apart from philli fans expected us to even make it out of the initial games so to come though to be within two games of a Super Bowl return was a fantastic effort.

Now for a season of misery with the Phillies!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A sigh of relief as the Cowboys and Eagles finally exit the fray. I can now at least watch this year's Super Bowl. I think we shall be guaranteed another crackerjack contest.

My own team's dismal slide into despair aside, this has been a really entertaining season and we are left with the four best teams to fight out for a place in the Championship game. Roll on next Sunday and let the fireworks begin!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
A sigh of relief as the Cowboys and Eagles finally exit the fray. I can now at least watch this year's Super Bowl. I think we shall be guaranteed another crackerjack contest.

My own team's dismal slide into despair aside, this has been a really entertaining season and we are left with the four best teams to fight out for a place in the Championship game. Roll on next Sunday and let the fireworks begin!

I can't quite relax, it will take the Pats losing to the Chiefs for that :thumbsup:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Want: Chiefs v Rams
Expecting: Pats v Rams

This Chiefs season has been utterly superb and was glad to see us win comfortably against the colts, but I can’t help but feel the colts were off their game and Chiefs defence stepped up. Think we have the ability to beat the Pats, I still reckon they might scrape it but I think we will give them a tough game, especially as its at the arrowhead.

Am a little disappointed the eagles didn’t make it though. Chiefs vs Eagles would’ve been special: the old timer veteran Andy Reid versus his former student the up and coming Doug Pederson. Maybe a game for another day though...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm hoping for Patriots vs Saints Superbowl. Brady vs Brees will be some spectacle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here