Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Nate ****ing Petermen. Buffalo better cut his dumb ass on Monday. The Bills were never going to be a contender this year, still doesn't excuse an inept player like Nate. Special teams win for Houston, special teams loss for Buffalo.

Hopefully KC thrashes the Pats tonight so I can have some enjoyment from this day.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Big win for the Steelers in Cincinnati. The defense appears to be trending up to below average which may be good enough if the offence continues to show strongly. The keys for us going forward to be getting James Conner (or that other guy if he comes back) going to allow balanced playcalling offensively and Joe Haden's fitness.

Our offensive line was phenomenal in this one. Zero pressures allowed and some huge holes for Conner.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Skins go back to the top of the NFC East ready for matched against the Cowboys and Giants next :thumbsup:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Skins go back to the top of the NFC East ready for matched against the Cowboys and Giants next :thumbsup:
The way the Giants are playing at the minute I think it's a given that you'll win that game.

At least one New York team is doing a little better. Jets beat the Colts 42 - 34. They go 3-3 and this is their second 40+ win and an impressive performance from Sam Darnold with 2 TDs. Jason Myers got 7 field goals in the game, that's good news for Myers but needing him seven times is a concern for a Jets offense that has been struggling to finish drives all season long.

Jul 7, 2003
Have you seen the snow and the sub zero weather at Mile High. It could be a leveler. You would have needed your long johns if you had gone to this one.

Amazing swing in temperature in just two weeks. It was around 80F on the day of the Chiefs game and 24F at game time yesterday.

Broncos are so frustrating this season. Keeping the free-scoring Rams to 23 points was unexpected as I thought we would be run ragged but we held out fairly well.

Yet again, Keenum's stats don't look too bad but he makes too many bad decisions at key moments for my liking. Our defence against the run has been bad the last few weeks but generally I don't think the D is playing that badly - they are just spending too long on the field and getting tired as the offence is mis-firing. Mile High crowd cheered when Kelly came in for the last play of the first half which isn't a good sign for either Joseph or Keenum.

Elway is also under a little pressure as it was his call to bring in Keenum rather than draft a QB this year but there is little direction from on high at the moment with both Pat and Annabel Bowlen being in poor health . There was some thought in Denver that Elway could move from GM to Owner as none of the older kids appeared to be capable or interested in taking over but it now appears that one of the younger Bowlen kids may be pushing through to take over.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Great to see the Packers keeping things interesting in the NFC North - another superb display from #12 for another comeback, and good to see Crosby back to his usual reliable self.
That defense still worries me though. The 49ers arent exactly a high power offense, but the Pack gave up some big plays last night way too easily from what I've seen.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
How to blow a 17-0 lead at the end of the 3rd quarter. That's what the Eagles managed to do against the Panthers.

Watching as a neutral observer I thought Cam Newton put in a great performance in the final quarter and whilst Wentz was efficient he couldn't make the plays the Eagles needed at the end. Eagles are definitely missing the English born Jay Ajayi who is out for the season with an ACL injury.

They play the Jags next week in London

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How to blow a 17-0 lead at the end of the 3rd quarter. That's what the Eagles managed to do against the Panthers.

Watching as a neutral observer I thought Cam Newton put in a great performance in the final quarter and whilst Wentz was efficient he couldn't make the plays the Eagles needed at the end. Eagles are definitely missing the English born Jay Ajayi who is out for the season with an ACL injury.

They play the Jags next week in London

Eagles should win comfortably. Our receivers can’t catch, o-line can’t block, qb’s can’t throw, secondary can’t defend, coaches can’t coach.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I ****ing hate football. And I'm not one to say 'sack the manager' (or coach) when a team loses, and I appreciate that the franchise wanted to stop the 'revolving door' policy (as that hadn't worked) and stick with one guy through thick and thin - but Jackson's record is now 3-35-1. I see he's blaming Todd Haley and perhaps wants to take over the offensive play calling himself. If that happens it has to be the last chance for him.

EDIT: Also I see that we have scored just SIX points in the first quarter all season. Six points in seven quarters of football. Even by our lowly standards that's pretty shocking.

Last edited:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It’s been a good season to be a Chiefs fan so far. Pat Mahomes is the hottest QB to hit the scene and Kareem Hunt’s run against the Bengals in the 45-10 win earlier today was spectacular (He LEPT over Jessie Bates like a gazelle). Still got trepidations about our D, but we’re playing exciting football, scoring for fun and giving the NFL one hell of a statement.

But knowing us, we’ll win AFC West and lose first round of the playoffs.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was at the game yesterday. All of this correct.

You were in JAX? What was the atmosphere like? I know six people were shot in close proximity to the stadium so the crowd looked quite sparse. The cheering when Kessler was put in was heartbreaking, Bortles is such a good guy but he’s just got far too many flaws. I personally thought the defence upped their performance once Kessler came in as they felt they could get back into the game, and I think they could had it have not been for the turnover from Yeldon’s drop :cry:

Jul 7, 2003
It’s been a good season to be a Chiefs fan so far. Pat Mahomes is the hottest QB to hit the scene and Kareem Hunt’s run against the Bengals in the 45-10 win earlier today was spectacular (He LEPT over Jessie Bates like a gazelle). Still got trepidations about our D, but we’re playing exciting football, scoring for fun and giving the NFL one hell of a statement.

But knowing us, we’ll win AFC West and lose first round of the playoffs.

Got to see Mahomes in Denver the other week and the kid is something special. If he carries on this way he will be one of the next great NFL QBs.

Great win for the Broncos this week although it was a win for D again and Keenum still flatters to deceive. Maybe we should start Sanders at QB next week.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Our receivers can’t catch, o-line can’t block, qb’s can’t throw, secondary can’t defend, coaches can’t coach.

It was considerably more comfortable for the Texans than I expected. The turnovers hurt you guys badly.

Still, plenty of football left to be played. The AFC South is still anyone's. Even the Colts won...

Next up for the Texans on Thursday - a WR-depleted Dolphins and the return of Brock Osweiler to Houston. *shudder*

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Thats the Giants done, 1-6 now and could be heading for a repeat of last seasons 3-13. The guy on ESPN who described them as an 'aimless, flailing mess' was about right. Manning continues to suffer from self inflicted woes and having his brother Peyton in the crowd didn't seem to help. The last 10 minutes had some of the worst coaching and play calling I've seen for a while - Shurmur could, and should, be on his way out. Jerry Reese, the former GM, also deserves some of the blame for their current predicament. Not really a great advert for Monday night Football, - next Mondays game between the Bills and the Pats has to be better.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It was considerably more comfortable for the Texans than I expected. The turnovers hurt you guys badly.

Still, plenty of football left to be played. The AFC South is still anyone's. Even the Colts won...

Next up for the Texans on Thursday - a WR-depleted Dolphins and the return of Brock Osweiler to Houston. *shudder*

Bortles has fallen off a cliff the last 3 weeks, and the defence has all but given up trying. When Kessler came in the defence upped their game, the offence looked more fluid until that back breaking drop-/interception. Bortles is going back in against the Eagles. We’re screwed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here