Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Time for a new slate.

2018 free agency well under way with Kirk Cousins about to sign for the Vikings. Which is nice.

Jul 7, 2003
Loads of big names up in free agency this season and an interesting draft to come.

Waiting with interest to see what Elway does around the QB situation for this season. Does he bring in experience or risk another rookie from the draft?

Jul 7, 2003
Target seems to change every day. If we go for Keenum then my guess he would only be a stopgap and that we would go for a QB high in the draft

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I wondered if elway might have gone all in on drew brees. Sacrificing Talib to make cap space seems odd if you are just going to get keenum. Brees agreed 2 year deal with saint though I see.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
This is the year that Cleveland get all their, (sorry "it's") draft picks right, don't screw up on free agency signings (or release the wrong guys) and Jackson reveals that he IS a good coach actually. Superbowl winners for sure. Or failing that a couple of wins in the regular season would be nice.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Steelers need an inside linebacker and a free safety. They won't be breaking the habit of a lifetime and getting involved with high profile free agents I shouldn't think.

Steeler nation is still eating itself after the Jacksonville debacle in the playoffs. Many are saying the £14m on Bell's second franchise tag would be better spent on the defence in free agency. I think that's bollocks frankly but there you go.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This is the year that Cleveland get all their, (sorry "it's") draft picks right, don't screw up on free agency signings (or release the wrong guys) and Jackson reveals that he IS a good coach actually. Superbowl winners for sure. Or failing that a couple of wins in the regular season would be nice.

Good start with the Taylor, Landry, Randall trades imo.
They also got good value for a scheme mismatch in Shelton and a player in need of a fresh start in Kizer.

I am hearing they are considering Josh Allen at 1.4 in the draft which will be a massive **** up if they do go for it. The kid has serious accuracy issues which regardless of the strength of his arm will not translate well to the NFL.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And I see the Browns have signed ex-Steelers OT Chris Hubbard. He was excellent in relief of Marcus Gilbert last year, sad to see him go but he needed to be paid somewhere and we weren't going to go anywhere near 5yr/37.5m.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just want my Texans to try and get through half of the season without losing Watt, Mercilus and Watson to injury yet again. Or again x 3 for JJ.

Hopkins is a top 5 WR and Clowney continues to develop, so that's positive.

We don't have a first round draft pick, but filling the 12 month-old AJ Bouye hole with Malcolm Butler would seem a good move if possible.

Getting a decent O-Line to protect Watson is essential in the Sacksonville South.

Expecting a lot more than 4-12 this season.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Just want my Texans to try and get through half of the season without losing Watt, Mercilus and Watson to injury yet again. Or again x 3 for JJ.

Hopkins is a top 5 WR and Clowney continues to develop, so that's positive.

We don't have a first round draft pick, but filling the 12 month-old AJ Bouye hole with Malcolm Butler would seem a good move if possible.

Getting a decent O-Line to protect Watson is essential in the Sacksonville South.

Expecting a lot more than 4-12 this season.

Looks like Malcom Butler is going to be a Titan. 5yr / $61m - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-to-sign-malcolm-butler-to-fiveyear-61m-deal

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
As a Bears fan I am delighted with this FA early days.

Allen Robinson
Trey Burton
Taylor Gabriel
Resigning our entire secondary
Cutting Mike Glennon

Onwards and upwards!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As a Seahawks fan, I'm just hoping we might have enough players left to keep the franchise a going concern, never mind start the season.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Good work from the Chiefs in the free agency period. Letting go of Marcus Peters was just going to be an inevitability, the Chiefs didn't want to deal with his attitude anymore, and allegedly rang up every other team in the NFL asking if they wanted him. Swapping Alex Smith for Fuller was also a good deal (I am going to miss Smith but he isn't getting younger, and Mahomes is an outstandingly good QB for his age). Then on top of that adding Sammy Watkins brings another devastating option alongside Tyreek Hill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here