Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What a pile of shit that was from the Steelers, tie game with a team that went 0-16 last season. I know Browns have made some serious off season moves but we should beat them.

Been saying it for 2 years, Ben isn't the same anymore. So inconsistent!

14 points up in the 4th quarter too. Big Ben seemed to think he was above playing safety first football in the bad weather. Five or was it six turnovers, 12 penalties for 100+ yards. A joke performance by the Steelers.

Then, at the same time the Browns still could not get it done, Tyrod Taylor is just not up to it. They may as well bring in Mayfield next week. You just knew that the Browns would not manage to kick that FG at the end.

Jul 7, 2003
Nice tumble TD from Sanders to put the Broncos up against the Seahawks.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nice tumble TD from Sanders to put the Broncos up against the Seahawks.

Seahawks not playing well at all (though Dissley’s having a good debut), but 10-17 at halftime means we’re still in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Seahawks not playing well at all (though Dissley’s having a good debut), but 10-17 at halftime means we’re still in the game.

Must be middle of the night for you in Dubai? I find these late games bad enough in the UK having to get up early in the morning.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Must be middle of the night for you in Dubai? I find these late games bad enough in the UK having to get up early in the morning.

Yup, it’s currently 2:20am! As long as I still get 4hrs kip, I’ll manage...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haha (Clinton-Dix) the CareBears are the team that just keep on giving.

Rodgers OWNING them once again, he only needs one quarter and one leg to bet them.

The gift that just keeps on giving :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe this hasn't been posted back to the top!

The Chicago Bears reached a record-setting six-year, $141 million extension with Khalil Mack on Saturday, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Bears gave up first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019 to acquire Mack earlier Saturday. In return, the Bears also received s a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2020.

I am absolutely delighted with this move, not only did we get a generational talent that could push us into the playoffs but its also a great deal for us. We got a 2nd round pick back, we gave Mack QB money while our QB is on his rookie deal and the rest of the North should be shitting themselves. Our D is now top 5 IMO.

and he's making himself nice and comfy in Rodgers pocket.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just catching up on the twitter reaction.
I've got 30 minutes to edit in some top quality owning (fearful that I'll not be 'making hay' for too much longer)

[tweet]1038992968210948096[/tweet]

[tweet]1038991719277125632[/tweet]

[tweet]1038995654683578368[/tweet]

[tweet]1038988811877867520[/tweet]

last one, I promise

[tweet]1038991971384156161[/tweet]

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
A Tie! What a fourth quarter comeback! No 0-16 for us this season! Ok it was only against the Steelers and not a decent team (and they turned it over six times), but still. We'd have folded last season. Pity we couldn't nick it in O/T, but still, baby steps and all that.

Here we go Brownies Woof! Woof!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A Tie! What a fourth quarter comeback! No 0-16 for us this season! Ok it was only against the Steelers and not a decent team (and they turned it over six times), but still. We'd have folded last season. Pity we couldn't nick it in O/T, but still, baby steps and all that.

Here we go Brownies Woof! Woof!

The worst game of Big Ben's entire career (far worse than the 5INT effort in the regular season against Jacksonville last year.)

For all the talk about how Connor replaced Bell with ease (he did), against a Browns run defence that was fairly stout last year, if that fumble doesn't happen we win. And which running back currently working on his rap album rather than playing football has one of the lowest fumble rates in the NFL?

I thought it from the small sample size last year but last night confirmed, Myles Garrett, as long as he steers clear of injury, is going to be a generational talent. Denzel Ward had a dream NFL debut as well and hands up, I thought the Browns reached slightly on him. The Browns have got a lot of talent now, they just need the offence to get on the same page, sack Hue Jackson and there's a decent team here with the potential to improve.

Bizarrely though as a Steelers fan there was a lot to like. We aren't going to turn the ball over 6 times in every game and to do that and still not lose is an achievement in itself. The two big questions coming into the game for us were - can Connor replace Bell? (yes, easily) and is this defense going to suck as hard as it did at the end of last season (I doubt it but Joe Haden's injury didn't help.)

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
14 points up in the 4th quarter too. Big Ben seemed to think he was above playing safety first football in the bad weather.

Yet, when 21-7 up, rather than killing the Browns off (they just couldn't stop Pittsburgh in the third quarter) we went super-conservative and let them back into the game. The new OC Randy Fichtner had an absolute nightmare of a day.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Brilliant Browns stat here

"The Browns are +5 in takeaways today. Since the Browns returned to the NFL, teams with a turnover margin of +5 or better in a game are 132-4-1. The Browns are responsible for two of those losses and the tie."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here