Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bloody Patriots. Again. Boo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
very bad luck for the Saints, I would have taken either going through (although I do prefer the Rams) - now just to hope the Rams can trounce the Pats on 03/02 :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On the bright side, the Pats could take sole possession of the record for most Super Bowl defeats. At the moment they're tied with the Broncos on five.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The patriots are a big game side.

Was more surprised by the saints defeat

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

graysgull

Aug 23, 2003
The standard of refereeing in the NFL has been of a very high standard until this season.

Some of the calls made or missed have been laughable this year.

I wonder if they were trained by some ex Premier League refs this year??

Jul 7, 2003
2019 International Series

Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers in Mexico City

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers in London

Chicago Bears at Oakland Raiders in London

Cincinnati Bengals at Los Angeles Rams in London

Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars in London

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012393/article/nfl-announces-matchups-for-international-games

Plenty there to keep a lot of us on here interested!

The best game is the one in Mexico. We get the fading panthers v the faded Buccs, a blowout of the Bears v the silver & black clowns, another blowout with the Rams and Bungles and finally the Texans v ever disappointing Jags.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've just been watching the non pass inteference call back again. I am still flabbergasted. Right now I do not think I will watch the Super Bowl, it just does not seem right. Has there ever been a worse referee decision in any sport? I can only think of Schumacher on Battiston as something that comes close.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've just been watching the non pass inteference call back again. I am still flabbergasted. Right now I do not think I will watch the Super Bowl, it just does not seem right. Has there ever been a worse referee decision in any sport? I can only think of Schumacher on Battiston as something that comes close.

Bad call, no doubt, but to not watch the Superbowl because of it? Why? You'll miss out on a great game, a great occasion, and to achieve what? If they expand the plays that are reviewable (I think the CFL has EVERYTHING as reviewable, and that makes sense, why not?) it won't be because of your SB protest.

It was a very high profile play, but as far as bad calls go, it was no worse than Dak Prescott being called "in the grass" (a rare call these days anyway) when he was in the arms of his own offensive lineman, which was only the previous week. Look all teams can point to bad calls in games if they want, but they have to just take care of their own business, and for me the Saints play-calling from the moment they got to the Red Zone was awful. They threw twice in 3 plays when they should have been running the clock, and winning with no time left.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I wont be watching the SB this year - simply because its the Pats. Me and my mates usually have a table down at the Walkabout, but weve cancelled and arent bothering now as NE are there yet again.
Im just so bored of them reaching the big show, and cant wait for Belichick & Brady to **** off into the sunset together.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I wont be watching the SB this year - simply because its the Pats. Me and my mates usually have a table down at the Walkabout, but weve cancelled and arent bothering now as NE are there yet again.
Im just so bored of them reaching the big show, and cant wait for Belichick & Brady to **** off into the sunset together.

My mate has one, £50 I think it was, once they saw the Pats win on the weekend they said they'll be cancelling.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Pro Bowl - seriously, what is the point?

Watched about 5 minutes and turned it off. AFC 20 NFC 0 at end of 3rd quarter for anyone who cares

Jul 7, 2003
Just looked in to find Barkley and Kamara playing defence for the NFC. Players look like they are having fun in the Orlando rain and only potential interest is that no team has ever been shut out in a Pro Bowl.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

I am equally as uninspired. It's just as much about the way they win as it is that they keep on winning. They remind me of Chelsea under Jose when they won titles, sure they won but it was boring and uninspiring for the neutrals and only good for the fans themselves. Of course Pats fans couldn't give a toss but there it is.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I am equally as uninspired. It's just as much about the way they win as it is that they keep on winning. They remind me of Chelsea under Jose when they won titles, sure they won but it was boring and uninspiring for the neutrals and only good for the fans themselves. Of course Pats fans couldn't give a toss but there it is.

Yeah because SB LI was so boring wasn’t it.....

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

The Championship game wasn’t exactly boring and neither was last years Super Bowl. They are exceptionally efficient but they do find different ways to win every game. They are absolutely the best team for game planning an opposition. I equally hope they lose but Chelsea with the same dull style every week they are not.

All that said the Rams and Chiefs would have been an absolutely incredible Super Bowl. Gutted we’ve been denied that by the Pats ruthless efficiency.

Jul 7, 2003
The Championship game wasn’t exactly boring and neither was last years Super Bowl. They are exceptionally efficient but they do find different ways to win every game. They are absolutely the best team for game planning an opposition. I equally hope they lose but Chelsea with the same dull style every week they are not.

All that said the Rams and Chiefs would have been an absolutely incredible Super Bowl. Gutted we’ve been denied that by the Pats ruthless efficiency.

I think it was on the BBC NFL Show that they said Bill B had come up with something like 12 new plays ahead of the game and five of them were used to beat the Chiefs. No matter what you think of the Pats, it does show the lengths they go to to keep on top. However, once the Bill and Tom show finishes in the next couple of years, I doubt if they will be anywhere near the force that they have been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here