Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've drifted in and out of watching NFL over the last 30 years, with great memories of certain eras: Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Elway and Marino, Emmitt Smith, great Packers and Patriots teams. Watching that Saints game last night has got me interested again.

A great sport, huge stadia, plus I love the positive way the yanks present their sports.

Jul 7, 2003
Nail-biting win for the Texans at Denver for 6 in a row after losing the first 3.

Helped somewhat with us making a twice-taken FG and Denver missing a FG to win it at the death.

Concur with all of you guys...the Rams v Saints game has been outstanding.

I thought DT was going to have a great game the way he started but then they stopped throwing him the ball. As for my Broncos I think that is four games we have lost this season by three points or less. Yet again, questionable decision making by Keenum but also Joseph's play calling leaves a lot to be desired.

I think there will be major changes at the end of the season - especially if the ownership issues get resolved. It is starting to look like the early 2000's all over again - not properly replacing a legendary QB and a spiral into multiple losing seasons.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Lions are so bad their best player on defence today is the goalpost. Been hit 4 times and we're only halfway through the 3rd quarter. And still 16 points behind.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Another tiring night staying up for the Seahawks (01:30–04:40 over here :mad:), another narrow defeat. Now slipped to 4–5, with the last two defeats both on a final play slipping away.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Well I didn't see that one coming...Browns beating the Falcons!? Mayfield & Chubb are really finding their feet, & giving us Browns fans reason to be positive about the future.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Well I didn't see that one coming...Browns beating the Falcons!? Mayfield & Chubb are really finding their feet, & giving us Browns fans reason to be positive about the future.

Brilliant wasn't it? :lolol: Quite cheered me up after the English football. (Both codes, soccer and Rugby). You never know, we could only be about three or four games off a winning season this year!

"Here we go Brownies Woof! Woof!"

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Brilliant wasn't it? :lolol: Quite cheered me up after the English football. (Both codes, soccer and Rugby). You never know, we could only be about three or four games off a winning season this year!

"Here we go Brownies Woof! Woof!"

Unfortunately I missed it all last night as I was out at Remembrance Day services until 9pm - so just caught up on the highlights. If we can get out of the basement this year I will consider it a success!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Watching Red Zone last night and although there were plenty of slots for the Redskins beating the Buccs (yay :) ) I feel there weren't enough of the Patriots getting stuffed by the Titans, they kept coming up with updates and then not going to the match, most frustrating :D

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Another tiring night staying up for the Seahawks (01:30–04:40 over here :mad:), another narrow defeat. Now slipped to 4–5, with the last two defeats both on a final play slipping away.

Some positives though that we could go to LA and keep up with the Rams, just couldn’t quite get it over the line at the end. Bodes well for the rest of the season and a potential playoff challenge next I think.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Think this year's Falcons were being a touch overrated tbh. No running game and a dysfunctional defence.

On another note I don't think there's a huge difference between the Bengals, Ravens & Browns atm. The Bengals defence is just putrid.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Supposedly crunch time for Manning as the Giants go up against the 49ers tonight with Shurmur saying Manning will be replaced if he doesn't get his act together. I'll believe it when I see it.

Local TV saying there was some doubt about the match going ahead at Levi Stadium due to air quality as it is north of the fires in Northern California. NFL saying they are monitoring the situation but the match will go ahead at present.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Seahawks beat the Packers 27-24 in a tight game with two controversial catch calls going to the Seahawks. Still getting used to the new catch rule. The second one was enormous, because on Tyler Lockett’s 34-yard catch to the Packers’ 16-yard line late in the fourth quarter, it looked like the ball hit the ground and came loose. But it was called a catch, the Packers didn’t challenge, and the Seahawks ended up scoring the game-winning touchdown a few plays later.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Seahawks beat the Packers 27-24 in a tight game with two controversial catch calls going to the Seahawks. Still getting used to the new catch rule. The second one was enormous, because on Tyler Lockett’s 34-yard catch to the Packers’ 16-yard line late in the fourth quarter, it looked like the ball hit the ground and came loose. But it was called a catch, the Packers didn’t challenge, and the Seahawks ended up scoring the game-winning touchdown a few plays later.

Impressive considering Seahawks coughed up the ball within about 30 seconds of the game, and were 0-7 down almost at the start.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
McCarthy is surely gone at the end of this season. Been relying on #12's arm way too long, and the roster just doesn't seem to have improved that much over the last few seasons.
You see flashes of how good they can be, but for the most part they are labouring through games hoping Rodgers can weave his magic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here