Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No comment here on the Josh Gordon to the Patriots trade then.

I thought Hue Jackson's kid gloves treatment of Gordon on Hard Knocks was in danger of completely undermining the message he was trying to get across to his players. Contrasting that with how hard he and Todd Haley were being with Jarvis Landry just didn't work for me. I found it hard to reconcile the desire for this new attitude at the Browns with having Gordon and all he represented of the failures of the old regime still around.

Having said that the Patriots have got a potentially Randy Moss-esque receiver for basically nothing. If anyone can get him on track then old Hoody is probably the man. I don't think it'll hurt having Brady throwing him the ball.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just finished watching the Giants Cowboys game and it was was pretty dire. NBC must be wondering why they chose this for prime time. Cowboys took it 20-13, 7-0 down after 90 seconds. Manning was sacked 6 times. The stats will show Manning had a reasonable game but I still think he is over rated and needs to be benched - tonight's performance just reinforced that for me. The offence was almost non-existent and Odell Beckham Jnr barely figured in this match.

I've supported the Giants all the time I've been in New York, and they are starting to look like a 3-13 team again. The local tabloids are going to be pretty depressing reading tomorrow

Houston next - has to get better.........................

Disagree completely re Eli. If you have an offensive line that weak, it’s testament to him that he completed anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jets tonight, and more than likely for us Browns fans another case of "See what you could have had". Bet Sam Darnold throws 4 TD passes, scrambles another, has no interceptions, is never sacked, and then for good measure and to take the piss comes in for a defensive play, intercepts a Mayfield pass (if he even plays of course) and runs it back for another TD.

Oh, and the new kicker won't be any better either.

Blimey, it didn't take long for my pre-season optimism to evaporate!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The Cleveland browns are on the verge of their first win of the millennium or something.

Under 2 minutes to go, 4 points up and they have the ball in the Jets half. Can they bollocks it up from here?

Edit: They've done it!

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I will admit I got a little emotional on that final pick in the last minute...its been a long time coming.

What a second half! As soon as Baker came in you saw the lift it gave everybody on that offense - hard to see how Tyrod will get his #1 spot back after that performance.

Time to get a very strong coffee down me or I'll be asleep at my desk by 11am! Woof!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Looks like they might have finally found a QB. With Landry, Hyde and Garrett they might just have the makings of a team there. Could easily be 3-0.

I was very impressed, Landry and Callaway made some bad drops too but Mayfield hit strikes on the following plays. As you say, they could easily be 3-0. Jackson and Dorsey look like they hit a home run with Denzel Ward too.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I will admit I got a little emotional on that final pick in the last minute...its been a long time coming.

What a second half! As soon as Baker came in you saw the lift it gave everybody on that offense - hard to see how Tyrod will get his #1 spot back after that performance.

Time to get a very strong coffee down me or I'll be asleep at my desk by 11am! Woof!!

Reminded my American cousins of Terry Baker, Oregon State Quarterback who came in and sparked the Los Angeles Rams, who were horrible, 1965. They beat the Chicago Bears, a strong squad 30-28 in their first home game of the season. That Baker played 3 seasons and was gone from the NFL. Hopefully for the Browns it won't happen again. BTW, Terry Baker was a Heisman trophy winner.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
out of interest, are there any pubs in Brighton/Sussex (i'm in Worthing) that get involved and televise NFL games other than the Superbowl? - sometimes it'd be nice to not just watch from a sofa at home, albeit the timings don't lend themselves that well.

6:00 p.m. Sunday evening kickoff times aren't so bad.

Jul 7, 2003
6:00 p.m. Sunday evening kickoff times aren't so bad.

I guess it depends if the pub has full SkySports or just the football. If they have full then there is no reason why they shouldn't show NFL straight after the last Premier League game on a Sunday. Maybe nobody has asked.

Jul 7, 2003
Good to see the Jags are still an inconsistent as ever. How do you beat the Pats one week and then lose 9-6 to the Titans?

Not a great show from my Broncos - too many penalties and turnovers in defeat to the Ravens.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Must win game for the Giants today - and they responded beating Texans 27-22. Manning was back on form with a 86% pass rate, I've been critical of him before but he stepped up to the plate today and put in a solid performance .

Was watching Saints and Falcons at a tied 37-37 going into extra time, then Fox had to switch to Cowboys and Seahawks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Must win game for the Giants today - and they responded beating Texans 27-22. Manning was back on form with a 86% pass rate, I've been critical of him before but he stepped up to the plate today and put in a solid performance .

Was watching Saints and Falcons at a tied 37-37 going into extra time, then Fox had to switch to Cowboys and Seahawks.

Sky have stayed with it in the UK. It’s compelling. Looks like Saints have won it as I was typing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here