Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Found it strange they didn't get a penalty for the amount of time it took them to take the extra point play. Was way outside the allowed time. Seems the rules are applied differently to different players?

Probably something to do with the fact it was agreed with the league and officials that when / if he broke the record the game would stop for a few minutes for congratulations etc?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
High stakes game tonight for the Giants against reigning Superbowl champions the Eagles.

This is one of the fiercest rivalries in the NFL and the Giants, currently 1-4, are pretty much finished if they lose this game tonight. Eli Manning has had success with TDs against the Eagles in recent seasons but if the Giants offense is rendered too one dimensional they won't be able to withstand the Eagles pass rush.

I agree with one of the local tabloids saying the Giants should sign Colin Kaepernick who is currently a free agent. Unlikely to happen due to the controversy associated with Kaepernick and there seems to be a ridiculously high level of sentimentality attached to Manning - when he was benched last year for Geno Smith it ended with the coach being fired and Manning getting his job back. Oh well, but can you imagine Kaepernick running the RPOs with Saquon Barkley - that won't happen with Manning

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
High stakes game tonight for the Giants against reigning Superbowl champions the Eagles.

This is one of the fiercest rivalries in the NFL and the Giants, currently 1-4, are pretty much finished if they lose this game tonight. Eli Manning has had success with TDs against the Eagles in recent seasons but if the Giants offense is rendered too one dimensional they won't be able to withstand the Eagles pass rush.

I agree with one of the local tabloids saying the Giants should sign Colin Kaepernick who is currently a free agent. Unlikely to happen due to the controversy associated with Kaepernick and there seems to be a ridiculously high level of sentimentality attached to Manning - when he was benched last year for Geno Smith it ended with the coach being fired and Manning getting his job back. Oh well, but can you imagine Kaepernick running the RPOs with Saquon Barkley - that won't happen with Manning

My money's on the Eagles, I haven't watched the Giants yet this year, but the game reports make it sound like the teams a mess.

Some of the Bills fans wanted Kap signed in the off-season when it looked like we were going to draft a QB. Ultimately he's too polarizing, it would have been chaos in a place like Buffalo. I can't imagine NYC would be much more receptive to the guy.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
My money's on the Eagles, I haven't watched the Giants yet this year, but the game reports make it sound like the teams a mess.

Some of the Bills fans wanted Kap signed in the off-season when it looked like we were going to draft a QB. Ultimately he's too polarizing, it would have been chaos in a place like Buffalo. I can't imagine NYC would be much more receptive to the guy.

Tend to agree, although they've both lost their last 2 games.

Good luck with the Bills - technically the only true New York team!

Still any rumours about the Bills moving to Toronto, like there was a few years ago?

Last edited:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Tend to agree, although they've both lost their last 2 games.

Good luck with the Bills - technically the only true New York team!

Still any rumours about the Bills moving to Toronto, like there was a few years ago?

The Toronto thing is dead and buried. Rogers was a big piece of that in Toronto and he passed away, I think before the first game was played in Toronto. Ralph Wilson was the other big piece and he's passed away too.

The Pegulas are ready to start talking about a new stadium in the Buffalo area after the November elections in the US, however the Pegulas don't seem to be in a rush to build a new stadium. Terry Pegula basically said that he's put up a ton of money to buy the Bills and he can't be expected to finance the new stadium as well (he's not said that word for word but that seems to be the gist of it).

The NFL seems to be punishing the Bills with rough schedules as punishment for no movement on a new stadium. I don't think 2 home games in the first 7 weeks was an accident, the Bills have been given a schedule that's virtually impossible to sell, 3 December home games and 2 in November. Most casual fans want to be there when the weather's comfortable.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New coach but same old Giants. Losing 34-13 to the Eagles and now 1-5. The only positive to come out of it was Saquon Barkley's performance. Carson Wentz was definitely M.O.M - he just seems to get better and better. Pat Shurmur has certainly got his work cut out. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this team won the SB twice in the last 10 years - it's going to be a long season for us Giants fans.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
New coach but same old Giants. Losing 34-13 to the Eagles and now 1-5. The only positive to come out of it was Saquon Barkley's performance. Carson Wentz was definitely M.O.M - he just seems to get better and better. Pat Shurmur has certainly got his work cut out. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this team won the SB twice in the last 10 years - it's going to be a long season for us Giants fans.

It is OBJ’s little outbursts aren’t helping either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It's difficult pin pointing the weaknesses......New coach but same old Giants......Pat Shurmur has certainly got his work cut out....Pat Shurmur

Pick apart the player personnel...but that is your major problem right there. Shurmur is just not cut out to be an NFL Head Coach. Why the G-Men hired him I have no idea.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Jul 7, 2003
Hope [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] hasn’t gone to Wembley to watch his Raiders as they don’t appear to have turned up for the game.

Can’t gloat too much as I expect my Broncos to get a pasting against the Rams later.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Hope [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] hasn’t gone to Wembley to watch his Raiders as they don’t appear to have turned up for the game.

Can’t gloat too much as I expect my Broncos to get a pasting against the Rams later.

Agreed, they’re either still on the plane over or already on the plane home. The OL is even more porous than normal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Meanwhile I’ve had to reset my Bears expectations to “maybe” :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Thankfully I resisted, Raiders cannot protect Carr - sort that out and we might make progress

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Loving this Seahawks performance, they haven’t given the Raiders a squeak of a chance for 3 quarters.

Looks like we’ve put the disappointment of that narrow loss to the Rams last week behind us.

A wildcard spot is definitely on for this year - should be 3-3 after tonight, with 6 of the remaining 10 games at home.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Meanwhile I’ve had to reset my Bears expectations to “maybe” :thumbsup:

*bites nails*

Our O looks better and better. But a 75 yard give up on not more than a dump off? :eek:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Have you seen the snow and the sub zero weather at Mile High. It could be a leveler. You would have needed your long johns if you had gone to this one.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
All is well in Houston.

It was looking very rough after the 0-3 start, but wins on the spin against the Colts, Cowboys and Bills have changed the look of the AFC South.

We're being helped by some early Thanksgiving presents - the pick 6 in the last 2 minutes for Joseph to run in the winning TD being the latest.

All this and JJ Watt's still injury-free in mid-October. Can't realistically ask for more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here