Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Some great games for Thanksgiving tonight. With Trubisky out for the Bears, I think Detroit have at least a slim chance. They always seem to step it up a gear playing on Turkey Day, so could be a great game if the Bears D slips up at all. Same goes for the NFC East clash....proper Old School match-up. As an ex-Brown, I hope McCoy has a good game...always liked him in Cleveland.
Its a shame the Saints game is in the late slot, but I guess its Prime Time over there so its understandable...that should be a HUMDINGER!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Some great games for Thanksgiving tonight. With Trubisky out for the Bears, I think Detroit have at least a slim chance. They always seem to step it up a gear playing on Turkey Day, so could be a great game if the Bears D slips up at all. Same goes for the NFC East clash....proper Old School match-up. As an ex-Brown, I hope McCoy has a good game...always liked him in Cleveland.
Its a shame the Saints game is in the late slot, but I guess its Prime Time over there so its understandable...that should be a HUMDINGER!

Detroit are really going to struggle without Kerryon Johnson. With Marvin Jones out and Golden Tate gone it's going to be pretty much a one man pass offence to Golladay. Not ideal when the Bears kept us to 26-0 two weeks ago until they ditched Q4

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Detroit are really going to struggle without Kerryon Johnson. With Marvin Jones out and Golden Tate gone it's going to be pretty much a one man pass offence to Golladay. Not ideal when the Bears kept us to 26-0 two weeks ago until they ditched Q4

True - my head says the Bears WILL win, but the Leos have a tendency to pull out the wins in unexpected games. Without Johnson & Jones though they will look pretty one dimensional...unless Riddick has the game of his life out of the backfield (unlikely I know!)

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
True - my head says the Bears WILL win, but the Leos have a tendency to pull out the wins in unexpected games. Without Johnson & Jones though they will look pretty one dimensional...unless Riddick has the game of his life out of the backfield (unlikely I know!)

Hey, you never know - Brady, Rodgers and Cam have all gone down at Ford Field this year!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm going to Jags @ Bills on Sunday - Blake Bortles farewell tour.

I bloody hope so. I’ve been a Bortles apologist for too long, but enough is enough, the guy just can’t throw a football. Fournette would be so dangerous if we had a semi competent QB, but teams know we’ve got no passing game so they stack the box and stop the run. The NFL is a pass-centric league now, we can’t be hamstrung by putrid QB any more.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I bloody hope so. I’ve been a Bortles apologist for too long, but enough is enough, the guy just can’t throw a football. Fournette would be so dangerous if we had a semi competent QB, but teams know we’ve got no passing game so they stack the box and stop the run. The NFL is a pass-centric league now, we can’t be hamstrung by putrid QB any more.

You watch him have a MONSTER game this weekend now!! :D

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You watch him have a MONSTER game this weekend now!! :D

I wouldn’t put him past him, as he can do it, but only 2-3 times a season. One of the main problems is our OC, Nathaniel Hackett, clearly has no belief in Bortles which does wonders for his confidence.

Here’s a rundown of our final 4 possessions against the Steelers, we needed a First Down to close the game on the final possession:

3 Plays +5 yards Punt
* LF up the middle 0 yards
* LF up the middle -1 yard
* TJ Yeldon reception 6 yards
* Punt

3 Plays -14 yards Punt
* LF up the middle 2 yards
* Sack -9 yards
* Sack -7 yards
* Punt

3 Plays -1 yard Punt
* LF up the middle -1 yard
* LF up the middle 0 yards
* Chark Incomplete 0 yards
* Punt

3 Plays 6 yards Punt
* LF up the middle 4 yards
* LF up the middle 1 yard
* LF up the middle 1 yard
* Punt

8 of the 12 plays were Leonard Fournette up the middle for a total of 9 yards.

Just awful.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Looking at that I'd say most of the problem lies with your OC, not Bortles. Yes, hes not been very good in large chunks, but I've always quite liked him tbh - and he can do it when his confidence is up. His confidence must be shot to pieces though knowing the OC has no faith in him whatsoever this year to pick up even the short yards for a first down.

Jul 7, 2003
Looking at that I'd say most of the problem lies with your OC, not Bortles. Yes, hes not been very good in large chunks, but I've always quite liked him tbh - and he can do it when his confidence is up. His confidence must be shot to pieces though knowing the OC has no faith in him whatsoever this year to pick up even the short yards for a first down.

It isn't just this season - Bortles is just too inconsistent to be trusted and doesn't do well when under pressure. I reckon he must have some photos of Khan - it is the only way he can keep playing under different coaches for so long.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bortles doesn’t help, but Hackett’s play calling has been bland for too long, he went ultra conservative against the Pats in the AFCCG which cost us a trip to the Super Bowl, and he did exactly the same against Pittsburgh. Bortles best attribute is his ability to run, but he completely abandoned it. Romo was pretty scathing of Hackett’s play calling, the big problem is that he’s been Doug Marrone’s OC since he was coaching in college, and Marrone is the only HC that was prepared to hitch his trailer to Bortles. Until Bortles is replaced we’ll be treading water and wasting a very talented defence.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Jul 7, 2003
Result - just got back to my hotel room in Berlin and found a channel showing the Broncos game. Now to see how long I can stay awake!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Massive win on the road for the Seahawks today at Carolina - hugely improved our playoff chances!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Attachments

• GettyImages-1065208794_1543182915576_104065339_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
    GettyImages-1065208794_1543182915576_104065339_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 89

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Morning everyone, and welcome to the traditional Cleveland Browns Monday morning victory celebration! :lolol:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Cleveland and the Packers have the same record.

Chase Daniel has more away wins than Aaron Rodgers this season.

Bears are rolling and look playoff bound.

Happy days!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here