Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Anyone know any good documentaries to watch?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm in the mood for some documentary watching. History, science, anthropology. Something along those lines. Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Going Clear - Scientology and the prison of belief

Believe it's on Netflix. Quite an uncomfortable watch but really interesting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you like your legals, I watched Making of a Murderer on Netflix and basically binged out on it, couldn't leave it alone.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The best documentary I've seen of late is Ken Burns' ten-parter Vietnam. It's masterful. I think he's also done series on the American Civil War and jazz, both of which I'm keen to indulge in.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Icarus - the most recent winner of best documentary at the Oscars and on Netflix.

It’s about Lance Armstrong and the whole doping shenanigans. To précis this I would say I’m not into road biking but still found this astonishing and captivating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Anything that Louis Theroux has done. He's a one trick pony but I find him hilarious.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I enjoyed Flint Town on netflix. follows the pd of the Michigan city bedevilled by poverty and a water crisis. Gives you a good perspective of an underfunded police department struggling against a high crime rate.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Voyeur on Netflix is ace. As is Icarus. As is The Thin Blue Line. As is Team Foxcatcher. As is The Berkley Marathons. As is Amanda Knox

Basically Netflix is the absolute daddy for documentaries. Love it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's only so many times I can write this, esp as it won the Best Documentary Oscar, the other week.

'Icarus' on NetFlix is a must watch, for sports fans.

As is customary, the usual caveat, the film doesn't go in the direction the maker intended, so stay with it and don't assume I've stitched you up and am making you watch a cycling film.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Voyeur on Netflix is ace. As is Icarus. As is The Thin Blue Line. As is Team Foxcatcher. As is The Berkley Marathons. As is Amanda Knox

Basically Netflix is the absolute daddy for documentaries. Love it.
The Berkley Marathons was great, and that's coming from someone with absolutely no interest in a brisk walk, let alone running anywhere.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Haven't watched it, but this on YouTube looks quite good, if you like that sort of thing.

In the Company of Men (1995) - BBC2 - In this three-part series we join Major Crispin Black and his men in The Prince of Wales Company of the Welsh Guards during a final tour of duty in pre-ceasefire Northern Ireland.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here