Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 24 hours in police custody

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The police didn't investigate the original disappearance twelve years before properly.

I agree and they seemed to gloss over that. I know the programme is 24hours in custody not unsolved crimes but you have to ask how they didn't at least check for a body in the brothers bloody garden?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I agree and they seemed to gloss over that. I know the programme is 24hours in custody not unsolved crimes but you have to ask how they didn't at least check for a body in the brothers bloody garden?
Especially as a statement at the time said "we don't want ******* back garden being dug up"

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
What got me, was they both got away with it, he got a Body he (allegedly) knew was there removed, and his garden tidied up for free.......and the cost to us £100,000’s.........Kin Madness......love this programme though

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Gotta admit. That's f*&$%ing strong circumstantial evidence! You'd have thought though the police would have established cause of death, and tried to link the body someone or something forensically. But nothing like that was even mentioned.
Someone's been watching too much CSI. She went missing in 2003 and the body was found in 2015. There was no clothing with the body. Finding a cause of death involves a number of tests and checks not able to be done on bone! Unless she had severe damage to the skull indicating a blunt force trauma to the head, anything else would have been impossible to prove.

Besides the man they suspected of the murder itself had committed suicide!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Not a great episode last night. I normally have some empathy for the people involved or find the crime interesting but just watching a couple of wasters burgle and con vulnerable people for drugs was just deeply depressing. What a waste of time for the police, prisons and all involved. Sadly last night was probably a more realistic view of day to day policing

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Not a great episode last night. I normally have some empathy for the people involved or find the crime interesting but just watching a couple of wasters burgle and con vulnerable people for drugs was just deeply depressing. What a waste of time for the police, prisons and all involved. Sadly last night was probably a more realistic view of day to day policing

Sickening to watch, wasn't it. What did he get in the end 20 months? Couple of wasters should be locked up for 20 years each as far as I'm concerned. You know damn well they'll both be out robbing and theiving again once they are out

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sickening to watch, wasn't it. What did he get in the end 20 months? Couple of wasters should be locked up for 20 years each as far as I'm concerned. You know damn well they'll both be out robbing and theiving again once they are out

The 'female' of the twosome seemed to think of them as Bonnie and Clyde. Deserved a similar ending. Low lifes preying on the scared and vulnerable of society.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Another great episode tonight

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Another great episode tonight

Really very interesting. At the start would have bet my house on him doing it. Guess it shows that although he is clearly a ****ing weird chap, that doesn't make you a murderer.

Gives me faith in our justice system.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I cant believe anyone could take their life in such awful brutal way. Scary the way some people hate living so much.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Besides the man they suspected of the murder itself had committed suicide!

That is the ultimate in finding out if someone believes that the Criminal Justice System is for punishment or reform. Should the suspected murderer have been punished before he killed himself or was the suicide enough to satisfy the victims.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Excellent episode I thought he was totally guilty and wondered how they would drag out the programme as it was so obviously him. Crikey that was quite a shock

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He may not have been guilty of her murder, but the combination of an alcoholic/drug addict, and an alcoholic control freak was toxic. Who is to say that whilst he was restricting her drinking he always had a full glass himself. I would not be surprised if he just got a thrill out of teasing her rather than helping her.

He faked being a qualified doctor with huge confidence. What type of person claims to be a doctor ??? Surely he should be charged for impersonating one? He always knew how to behave, and what to say in front of the police. By her method of suicide he certainly wasn't a force for good in her life and he probably helped to drive her to it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Looks a gooden

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not sure if anyone watched this last night, it's a ****ing disgrace that **** got away with raping all those girls!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not sure if anyone watched this last night, it's a ****ing disgrace that **** got away with raping all those girls!

Yes, heartbreaking last night, just how vulnerable and immature was that 19 year old girl.
Thousands more around the country right now.
It must be very tough sometimes to be CID, as he said, he takes it home with him.
Shocking.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes, heartbreaking last night, just how vulnerable and immature was that 19 year old girl.
Thousands more around the country right now.
It must be very tough sometimes to be CID, as he said, he takes it home with him.
Shocking.
Agreed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here