Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pellegrino Gone

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Southampton fans are some of the scummiest I’ve come across at away games. And there’s one in my office who’s a total knob.

No sympathy for them at all. Hope they go down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lets hope O'Neil doesn't want the job

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Sorry chap, but when I'm thinking of noddy, two-bob teams in Scotchland, Motherwell always comes fairly high up on my list. I couldn't even point to it on a map with any degree of confidence.

Buddy. There are any number of kilted Kevs in who would take exception to the land of Tartan and Tannadice being referred to as Scotchland. (Voice of Fraser from Dads Army) Aye, Motherwell mebbe are a two bob noddy team but how do they differ from the others?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Buddy. There are any number of kilted Kevs in who would take exception to the land of Tartan and Tannadice being referred to as Scotchland. (Voice of Fraser from Dads Army) Aye, Motherwell mebbe are a two bob noddy team but how do they differ from the others?

I know. Thats why I do it.

As for Motherwell - they don't particularly differ from the others at all, except that their team/village sounds vaguely like a branded loaf of wholemeal bread. I could just as easily have picked Patrick Bristle or that school in Hamilton, it makes no odds, the whole division is noddy.

I have a soft spot for Hearts though. Always liked the kit for some reason. If I was an exiled scotch, I'd probably support them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Potter is a good call, just wonder whether the ‘unproven at this level’ may work against him, though arguably some of their other appointments have been in the same position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate what you mean by "unproven at this level", but this is the Ostersund who beat Arsenal 2-1 at the Emirates a couple of weeks ago.

He would certainly be a "long-term" rather than a short-term appointment.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Southampton fans are some of the scummiest I’ve come across at away games. And there’s one in my office who’s a total knob.

No sympathy for them at all. Hope they go down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oi! My wife's one of them! and several of my friends as well..............

.......... but they are actually being quite good about it. My wife showed me a thread the other day "Advantages of being in the Championship" which included things like "cheaper pies"........ but that I doubt.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I know. Thats why I do it.

As for Motherwell - they don't particularly differ from the others at all, except that their team/village sounds vaguely like a branded loaf of wholemeal bread. I could just as easily have picked Patrick Bristle or that school in Hamilton, it makes no odds, the whole division is noddy.

I have a soft spot for Hearts though. Always liked the kit for some reason. If I was an exiled scotch, I'd probably support them.

(Talking like me now)

I think you have failed miserably here. if you are wishing to act with temerity then at least have the galoshes to use Stenhousmuir as the example of a noddy name and team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I appreciate what you mean by "unproven at this level", but this is the Ostersund who beat Arsenal 2-1 at the Emirates a couple of weeks ago.

He would certainly be a "long-term" rather than a short-term appointment.

Any team can get a 1 off result. An example is Wigan how many times would they beat Man City in 10 games probably once but that was the one that mattered similarly with Ostersund. but it doesnt make their manager a good bet to be successful in the Premier. I do not like him or his teams but Hughes is proven at this level and IMHO would have put Stoke higher up the league than they are had they persevered with him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Any team can get a 1 off result. An example is Wigan how many times would they beat Man City in 10 games probably once but that was the one that mattered similarly with Ostersund. but it doesnt make their manager a good bet to be successful in the Premier. I do not like him or his teams but Hughes is proven at this level and IMHO would have put Stoke higher up the league than they are had they persevered with him.

I'm not saying it would make him a good bet to succeed in the Premier League.

But it would be a great change from the same old merry-go-round of the normal faces. Have you not read the calls recently (and not so recently) for people to take a chance occasionally, rather than rely on the same old same old......... like Pardew to WBA - that one's going well, then.... Lambert to Stoke....... that one's going well then.... Hodgson to Palace - that one's going well then.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

A one off result!? He's performed miracles.

Potter has taken them from a semi-pro outfit in the Swedish 4th tier, to the top division, and a Swedish cup win, in just 5years. he's qualified them for Europe for the first time, and beaten Galatasaray, PAOK and Herta Berlin as well as Arsenal in their first campaign.

I think what you actually meant to type, was "I haven't heard of him, so they should appoint Neil Warnock"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
(Talking like me now)

I think you have failed miserably here. if you are wishing to act with temerity then at least have the galoshes to use Stenhousmuir as the example of a noddy name and team.

But I may have had to look up the spelling. Frankly, lifes too short.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A one off result!? He's performed miracles.

Potter has taken them from a semi-pro outfit in the Swedish 4th tier, to the top division, and a Swedish cup win, in just 5years. he's qualified them for Europe for the first time, and beaten Galatasaray, PAOK and Herta Berlin as well as Arsenal in their first campaign.

I think what you actually meant to type, was "I haven't heard of him, so they should appoint Neil Warnock"

That was said in reply to the point that they bear Arsenal and not related to any other results. Would you be saying the same about a manager if he took Cowdenbeath to the Scottish Premier. Or if Danny Cowley took Lincoln to the verge of the Championship.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That was said in reply to the point that they bear Arsenal and not related to any other results. Would you be saying the same about a manager if he took Cowdenbeath to the Scottish Premier. Or if Danny Cowley took Lincoln to the verge of the Championship.

Why 'the verge of'?

Potter HAS taken his side up three tiers, and into Europe, and done really well.

If Cowley took Lincoln to 5th in the Championship, won the FA Cup, and knocked Galatasary out of Europe, then yes, I'd suggest he would be well worthy of consideration for the Southampton job :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here