Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018 who's the flairest of them all? QF: Calderon vs O'Callaghan

Quarter Final 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The NSC definition of flair has been widely used for well over 10 years. Goes back to the Withdean era when we had very few skilful players and we had to get excited about the smallest things. It’s something unique to Brighton fans which is why threads like this don’t appear elsewhere

Yes, I remember but it was nice hairstyles and stuff like that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
synonyms: style, stylishness, panache, verve, dash, elan, finesse, poise, elegance, sparkle, brio; More

aka. George O'Callaghan

0% Calderon

I cannot see any one of those synonyms applying to O'Callaghan. I doubt we'll agree so I'll butt out now.

Oct 25, 2003
O’Callaghan was a very stylish player. Calderon less so

So even by the dictionary (aka ‘boring’) definition, George wins

By the REAL definition, George wins by miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Search Results
Dictionary
flair
flɛː/
noun
noun: flair

a special or instinctive aptitude or ability for doing something well.
"she had a flair for languages"
synonyms: aptitude, talent, gift, knack, instinct, natural ability, ability, capability, capacity, faculty, facility, skill, bent, feel, genius
"an activist with a flair for publicity"
antonyms: inability
stylishness and originality.
"she dressed with flair"
synonyms: style, stylishness, panache, verve, dash, elan, finesse, poise, elegance, sparkle, brio; More

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The NSC definition of flair has been widely used for well over 10 years. Goes back to the Withdean era when we had very few skilful players and we had to get excited about the smallest things. It’s something unique to Brighton fans which is why threads like this don’t appear elsewhere

Yes but they have to actually be memorable in the club context. I have never heard of this sulky talentless tosser. That doesn't make him 'flair'. Alan Duffy, on the other hand.....and if you don't mind extreme brevity of tenure, Barry Butlin for THAT goal.....and he's gone...:vuvu:

Oct 25, 2003
Still got plenty of time left on this one. The 2nd quarter final (Worthington vs Schelotto) will begin this evening

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would it be the ultimate flair result for the flair competition to be won by the least flair entrant of all?

Like some kind of meta-flair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here