Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs Season Ticket Prices for new stadium 2018/19

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Another nail in the coffin of football atmosphere obscene pricing. What a waste building the "singing" stand only noise from there will be the clicking of tourist camera.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Football is slowly eating itself and these prices are just another example of it. Within the next 20 years the cycle will probably complete itself again and we will see Premier League clubs struggling to fill their stadiums. They are just cutting off their core supporters and have been for many years. And when things change (as I believe they are starting to) they will be left with only the few that can still afford to go.

I agree with your sentiments, but for PL clubs in affluent southern England and major football cities such as Manchester and Liverpool, I think the PL clubs will still be able to get away exponential growth in s/t prices. Simply due to high demand for 'the product' by new football fans in the economic middle classes and football tourists.

A shame, but that's the way it's been moving to.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I agree with your sentiments, but for PL clubs in affluent southern England and major football cities such as Manchester and Liverpool, I think the PL clubs will still be able to get away exponential growth in s/t prices. Simply due to high demand for 'the product' by new football fans in the economic middle classes and football tourists.

A shame, but that's the way it's been moving to.

TBF to United, they have frozen ST prices six years out of the last seven. City have ST's from £299. Liverpool tried to increase prices but backed down after a fan backlash and the new owner of Everton, Moshiri, cut prices in his first year of ownership.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
They're about as mediocre as they used to be. Fighting to finish top 4 and unlikely to win anything. At least they used to win the cup.

No they really aren't. 20 years ago 7th was a top finish for us.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
If memory serves we only made one European appearance in the 90's and lost to Feyanoord (i know there was the ban).. All through the 90's and early 2000's we were poor. We still haven't won anything you're right there but we are contending. Back to back 2nd places is progression. Still need trophies and i get that.

Btw I wasn't classing the 80's in the recent history. I am not sure what you are saying... you say we were are still mediocre and yet you're last comment is highlighting top four finishes in the 80's? My point is as a spurs fan from 88-89 we have been pretty average, however we are no longer at that level. Although we haven't won anything Spurs cannot be classed as mediocre now.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
A friend of mine is a Spurs fan and he was looking at 2 Premium seats for when his son is home from Australia. £175 each plus booking fees for any league game.

This may have been mentioned already so apologies if it has.

Approximately 400 quid for tickets and travel if coming from outside London and not too far away. Crazy money to watch football.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A friend of mine is a Spurs fan and he was looking at 2 Premium seats for when his son is home from Australia. £175 each plus booking fees for any league game.

Approximately 400 quid for tickets and travel if coming from outside London and not too far away. Crazy money to watch football.

I have a meeting in London next week and fancy a trip to the opera at the end of the day. I can buy a good seat at the Royal Opera (stalls circle, not in the gods) for £40.

Fifty years ago, if someone told you that a ticket for a football match would be more than four times as expensive as a decent seat at the Royal Opera, you'd have laughed in his face.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Cheapest Adult £800 ....... Get this off here before Barber gets ideas !!!

Honestly, I’d struggle to justify going for anywhere close to that. Ticket prices should be going down with the amount of money that’s being pumped into the league via TV, not up.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I spotted this a few years back. Thomas Cook have cornered the market. One off tickets to the likes of Anfield, are well into the £100’s per person. These sell out. Explains the swathes of obvious football tourists at ManU and Liverpool games always snapping photos and excitedly grinning (even when the opposing team for their seated area scores/wins).

The financial take per season per these Thomas Cook type seats, for those clubs, must be off the scale.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
TBF to United, they have frozen ST prices six years out of the last seven. City have ST's from £299. Liverpool tried to increase prices but backed down after a fan backlash and the new owner of Everton, Moshiri, cut prices in his first year of ownership.

Liverpool tried it with the new main stand, but supporters groups mobilised and were furious. The club listened.

In 8m population London, with millions of tourists in a year; Arsenal, Spuds and Chelski can get away with extremely high prices. If lifetime supporters don’t like it, they’re easily replaced.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I have a meeting in London next week and fancy a trip to the opera at the end of the day. I can buy a good seat at the Royal Opera (stalls circle, not in the gods) for £40.

Fifty years ago, if someone told you that a ticket for a football match would be more than four times as expensive as a decent seat at the Royal Opera, you'd have laughed in his face.

Certainly puts it into perspective. I guess we all have our price level where we decide to call it a day. I think Albion season tickets are priced very fairly at present but if we were to head down the Spurs route then I would switch to local non league football and watch the Albion in the pub.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Your pendant halo is slipping. That's twice in the space of a month that you've admitted to getting something wrong. Worrying times for NSC.
Far more than twice I'm sure, you're just not reading every thread.

I am cursed, not simply with a penchant for pedantry, but with a cruel inability to spell.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here