Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What points tally would you accept today from our last 8 games?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The way we are setting up away from home suggests to me that we will struggle to pick up the away points at Palace and Burnley. I think we need to get 4 points from the next two home games. If we don't get at least one win from Leicester / Huddersfield, I fear we may be in trouble unless CH changes the way we set up away from home which is about as unlikely as the second coming!

But if we need to win at Burnley (that is, really need to - and we should know by then), then we wouldn't set up that way.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
You aren't one of those fans who is disappointed that we aren't going to qualify for Europe are you?

This is our very first season in probably the toughest league in Europe. We need to keep our feet on the ground. Survival is all.

There has been nothing disappointing about this season, I have been so impressed with everything about it, I believe that CH will be going full out to win every game. Is it beyond possibility to believe that we could beat Palace, Huddersfield and Leicester and draw one other? I am an eternal optimist.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Beat Leicester and Huddersfield please. Pretty please. Not only would we 100% safe after that, but the top 10 dream is back on.

Genuinely squeaky bum time if we lose both, however.

I really do wish people would stop talking about this 'top ten dream' and start to be realistic. We just aren't one of the top ten sides in the country. Ever since we beat Arasenal at the beginning of the month, a lot of perople seem to think we are better than we really are.

I repeat . . . SURVIVAL IS ALL.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really do wish people would stop talking about this 'top ten dream' and start to be realistic. We just aren't one of the top ten sides in the country. Ever since we beat Arasenal at the beginning of the month, a lot of perople seem to think we are better than we really are.

I repeat . . . SURVIVAL IS ALL.
In fairness, I'm only like this cos I lumped on a top 10 finish £25 at 10/1.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There has been nothing disappointing about this season, I have been so impressed with everything about it, I believe that CH will be going full out to win every game. Is it beyond possibility to believe that we could beat Palace, Huddersfield and Leicester and draw one other? I am an eternal optimist.

I'm all for being an eternal optimist, just as long as it's tinged with a degree of realism.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would be very surprised if 2 wasn't, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't get 6 more.

You're the only one, so far, that has expressed the perfectly reasonable view that 36 points will be enough to stay up. 37 might be needed, but I still think 36 is more likely, especially with a better goal difference, which we still have (need to avoid getting toned by Liverpool and Man City). I suspect we might pick up five points if I'm being pushed.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
6-8 points would be great, and give us a very respectable points haul for our first Premier League season. Not unrealistic if we play as well as we have been, particularly at home. While it would be ideal to secure these promptly v Leicester and Hudds, I've a feeling some of our points will be landed from the home games v Spuds and ManU.
No reason why 40-42 pts couldn't secure us 12th place or better.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Fixtures are:
Leicester H
Huddersfield H
PaLLLLLLLace A
Spurs H
Burnley A
Man U H
Liverpool A

Man C A

This just shows how important it is to get at least 4 pts from Leicester and Hudders. Huge games. Beyond those I'm not confident of getting many more points. Which would be disappointing.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
9... i would expect us to maintain our form from the rest of the season until the end. Been working on roughly a point a game, so i see no reason why that should change.

That might change because statistically, we have a far higher percentage of 'difficult' games in the next 8 games than the season so far.

Premier-ship League.jpg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think we need 4 points to be almost certain of staying up.

To reach 38pts I think we need to get them from our next 3 games.

50% chance of 3pts v. Huddersfield
30% chance of 3pts v. Leicester
25% chance of 3pts at Palace

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
4 points. So half a point a game.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Other teams rallying at the end of the season worries me. As the top half of the table locks itself into place, will we see teams getting complacent once the know they'll finish no high or lower in the table? Could help the chasing pack.

Who knows? Could be safe already, may need another 6 points. I'd be shocked if Brighton get relegated on 40 points to be honest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here