Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What points tally would you accept today from our last 8 games?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

A win against Huddersfield (overdue) and a point against Palace (local bragging rights), Leicester, and United/Spurs at home for the kids.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Enough to stay up.

Good answer! exactly this. Let's not kid ourselves, at the beginning of the season we would have bitten anyone's hand off if we could have been guaranteed to finish 17th. This season is all about sheer survival for me, however many or few points it takes.

Those extra few points that we need, will have to be won at home l think, as the way we seem tom set up away from home makes us a different team, trying to avoid defeat rather than actually win games.

I hope, and pray, that 38 or 39 points will be enough. I think it will.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Three more draws will be fine.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
10 please, the way we finish the season will impact the perception of the club and recruitment in terms of how appealing we are to potential signings. If we survive on the last day of the season by the skin of our teeth, that would be a disappointment.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
10 please, the way we finish the season will impact the perception of the club and recruitment in terms of how appealing we are to potential signings. If we survive on the last day of the season by the skin of our teeth, that would be a disappointment.

Unrealistic.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

You aren't one of those fans who is disappointed that we aren't going to qualify for Europe are you?

This is our very first season in probably the toughest league in Europe. We need to keep our feet on the ground. Survival is all.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
4 points would be enough but I'd rather sooner than later, I don't want three of them to come from Liverpool last day of the season!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Fixtures are:
Leicester H - Draw
Huddersfield H - Win
PaLLLLLLLace A -Defeat
Spurs H Draw
Burnley A - defeat
Man U H - defeat
Liverpool A - defeat

Man C A defeat

5pts

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
9... i would expect us to maintain our form from the rest of the season until the end. Been working on roughly a point a game, so i see no reason why that should change.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think overly cautious, 2 more wins. I just want us to be safe before the Man U & Liverpool games, so they can be stress free parties!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yep, win against Leicester and Huddersfield, draw at Palace and Burnley.

The way we are setting up away from home suggests to me that we will struggle to pick up the away points at Palace and Burnley. I think we need to get 4 points from the next two home games. If we don't get at least one win from Leicester / Huddersfield, I fear we may be in trouble unless CH changes the way we set up away from home which is about as unlikely as the second coming!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Beat Leicester and Huddersfield please. Pretty please. Not only would we 100% safe after that, but the top 10 dream is back on.

Genuinely squeaky bum time if we lose both, however.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here