Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What points tally would you accept today from our last 8 games?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I re-ran that results predictor last night and concluded that two more points might well be enough, with Stoke and Stains each ending up on 35. But that was before the Pellegrino sacking. A more attacking style might turn things round for them, in which case we'll need four, to finish above West Ham.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What points tally would you accept today from our last 8 games?
Christ, reading this thread it's like you've asked a bunch of chimps to prove the theory of relativity.

I'd take 5.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
4 more points takes us to 38 and that is a decent haul for the season. 6 more to get the magic 40 would be nice. But I cannot see 7 of the 9 Sides below us getting to 34 so think we are already safe.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This time last season we were going through similar deliberations and were fearful that Huddersfield would catch us.
We came out of the international break winning 5 from 5 and getting the job done.

I'm hopeful that Chris will once again get the team focussed on exactly what needs to be done.
3 winnable games coming up.
Earn your salt Chris.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would hope for 9 points.

3 from Huddersfield
3 from Burnley
1 from Leicester
1 from man united
1 from palace( although if we don't turn like a lot of our away games, we could get dicked)

That is it.

We then start to look at goal difference and hope we don't get mullered at city and Liverpool.

I think

KnowMe-Joe

Aug 21, 2017
I think we'll get around the 40 point mark. I know we had an off day at Everton but if we play anything like we did in the few games previous we'll definitely get a few more points on the board

I think of the remaining 8 games we'll get two wins two draws and four losses.

West Brom are dead and buried. West Ham and Southampton think they're too good to go down but are an absolute shambles at the moment.

Stoke , Palace have to get 7 points to even get to we are now so they're in trouble. Huddersfield will be down there.

Slightly further up the table Bournemouth and Newcastle could still be in contention we just need to do our bit. It's in our hands that's the main thing.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Palace will definitely get out of it, and they could even finish above us unless we win there. Their run-in is relatively a piece of piss, several winnable games especially with some of their big players coming back.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Christ, reading this thread it's like you've asked a bunch of chimps to prove the theory of relativity.

I'd take 5.

Enjoyed that metaphor, left a lasting image...but what a great job they've made of it

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think Palace will definitely get out of it, and they could even finish above us unless we win there. Their run-in is relatively a piece of piss, several winnable games especially with some of their big players coming back.

In the last 2 months they have secured just 2 points. Sure, they've had a tough run and injuries, but losing becomes a habit. The good news is, if they should turn it around, they will do it against other struggling teams which will benefit us. I think they will scrape to safety on the last day.

PG

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
A lot of people have us down to beat udders however they press quickly and we tend to panic when that happens....Will be surprised if we win that one personally

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
A lot of people have us down to beat udders however they press quickly and we tend to panic when that happens....Will be surprised if we win that one personally

I would be more surprised to beat Leicester tbo. A draw in each match may be enough though. I think we may get points v Man U at home, probably a draw. Am I the only one who thinks we can win at Palace?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I would hope for 9 points.

3 from Huddersfield
3 from Burnley
1 from Leicester
1 from man united
1 from palace( although if we don't turn like a lot of our away games, we could get dicked)

That is it.

We then start to look at goal difference and hope we don't get mullered at city and Liverpool.

I think

Would like to think you're right, but seems very optimistic to me. 3 points at Burnley ? Can't see it.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I re-ran that results predictor last night and concluded that two more points might well be enough, with Stoke and Stains each ending up on 35. But that was before the Pellegrino sacking. A more attacking style might turn things round for them, in which case we'll need four, to finish above West Ham.

I did it today, interesting last round of games, luckily our defeat at Anfield won't matter. Screenshot_2018-03-13-13-01-06-207_com.android.chrome.png

Equals our highest ever finishing position.

Screenshot_2018-03-13-13-05-59-996_com.android.chrome.png

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
So my total would be

City away 0 points 4-0
Leicester home 1 point 1-1 (maybe 0-1)
Huddersfield home 1 point 1-1 (maybe 2-1)
Crystal Palace away 3 points 1-2
Spurs home 0 points 0-2
Burnley away 0 points 3-1
Man United 1 point 1-1
Liverpool 0 points. 5-1

Total Points 6 points or 7 points
Total for season 40 points or 41 points :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here