Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] American ALT-right blogger refused entry to UK

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Go on then.

Her interview with Kay Burley was pretty far right, resulting in the interview being cut short.

“most importantly, they’ll have to accept that diversity is not a strength; it’s a weakness.”
― Lauren Southern, Barbarians: How The Baby Boomers, Immigration, and Islam Screwed my Generation

Genuinely, hundred of examples online. She is pretty far right. I'm not offering my opinion on her politics but to deny she is far right is somewhat disengenuos.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Go on then.

I'll take this for him if you do not mind.

Lauren Southern has written a book entitled 'Barbarians: How Baby Boomers, Immigrants, and Islam Screwed My Generation' I would say blaming an entire religion, immigrants and ones own parents is a pretty right wing discourse.

She sells various items of merchandise through her website with the phrase 'deus vult' on them. A clear reference to the crusades. So advocating religious war. That is pretty right wing too. Also what she is often implicitly criticising Islam for. Plus she sells Right wing hog squad merchandise too, so even she herself thinks she is far right.

Then is just the people she hangs out with, Vlaams Belang, EDL, Phalanx Europe etc etc.

Not really sure you are trying to make out that she is not far right, she certainly doesn't.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Her interview with Kay Burley was pretty far right, resulting in the interview being cut short.

“most importantly, they’ll have to accept that diversity is not a strength; it’s a weakness.”
― Lauren Southern, Barbarians: How The Baby Boomers, Immigration, and Islam Screwed my Generation

Genuinely, hundred of examples online. She is pretty far right. I'm not offering my opinion on her politics but to deny she is far right is somewhat disengenuos.

Saw the interview. Still not far right in my opinion. I follow many people who are considered far right by the media/establishment, but I wouldn't consider them to be.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Some of the stuff she comes out with is pretty far right. A quick google on her throws up some pretty vile stuff. Far right would describe her well. Not on the extreme right but her views on homosexuality and race put her in that camp I would say.

Love Lauren and her work.

Gentlemen, Lauren is legally a man, please respect the pronouns.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I'll take this for him if you do not mind.

Lauren Southern has written a book entitled 'Barbarians: How Baby Boomers, Immigrants, and Islam Screwed My Generation' I would say blaming an entire religion, immigrants and ones own parents is a pretty right wing discourse.

She sells various items of merchandise through her website with the phrase 'deus vult' on them. A clear reference to the crusades. So advocating religious war. That is pretty right wing too. Also what she is often implicitly criticising Islam for. Plus she sells Right wing hog squad merchandise too, so even she herself thinks she is far right.

Then is just the people she hangs out with, Vlaams Belang, EDL, Phalanx Europe etc etc.

Not really sure you are trying to make out that she is not far right, she certainly doesn't.

And have you read the book? I don't see how criticising an ideology is far right, nor blaming a generation or immigration.

She is definitely not advocating religious war.

I didn't say she wasn't right wing. Maybe try watching more of her videos.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would love it if we were turning away all jihadists and hate preachers (sadly I suspect we're not stopping them all), but I'm quite happy we also decided we didn't want this woman running around here either.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
And have you read the book? I don't see how criticising an ideology is far right, nor blaming a generation or immigration.

Have YOU read the book?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

No I have not read her book, nor will I.

Using symbols and phrases from the crusades is entirely separate from the idea of religious war? Could not be further from the truth really. She is trying to be clever by pointing out all these problems with multiculturalism whilst not ever using the exact words that would condemn her as a right wing zealot.

I have seen enough of her videos to know that she puts herself outside Mosques, or at LGBTQ rallies, or somewhere else where people do not hold her views whilst desperately hoping someone will attack her verbally or otherwise so she can say I told you so. The videos are mostly a complete waste of time. Then there are a bunch behind a paywall and I am not going to fund this women

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I have seen enough of her videos to know that she puts herself outside Mosques, or at LGBTQ rallies, or somewhere else where people do not hold her views whilst desperately hoping someone will attack her verbally or otherwise so she can say I told you so. The videos are mostly a complete waste of time. Then there are a bunch behind a paywall and I am not going to fund this women

Let me guess, she also magically has a film crew following her around all the time (see Tommy Robinson) for it all to be caught on tape?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Using symbols and phrases from the crusades is entirely separate from the idea of religious war? Could not be further from the truth really. She is trying to be clever by pointing out all these problems with multiculturalism whilst not ever using the exact words that would condemn her as a right wing zealot.

I have seen enough of her videos to know that she puts herself outside Mosques, or at LGBTQ rallies, or somewhere else where people do not hold her views whilst desperately hoping someone will attack her verbally or otherwise so she can I told you so. The videos are mostly a complete waste of time. Then there are a bunch behind a paywall and I am not going to fund this women

A lot of people would disagree with you on that.

So what if she asks questions outside a mosque? This is how people learn about other people's views. How anyone can be against that is beyond me.

Anyway, I'm so pleased people like her are about.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

what does the q stand for in lbgtq ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Let me guess, she also magically has a film crew following her around all the time (see Tommy Robinson) for it all to be caught on tape?

i guess you dont like people generalising with criticisms about muslims and minorities ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here