Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] American ALT-right blogger refused entry to UK

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Not knowing much about Tommy Robinson I googled him. It's not even his real name, and that well known left leaning paper the Daily Mail describes him as as a 'far right thug'. :)

So that’s enough for you to base an opinion then is it? Shows why this country is ****ed.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Good decision. We have enough facist troublemakers of our own. If it's "just an interview" she can do it online.
I'd say invite him to the States but I doubt even Trump would let him in whether he's got his own fan club there or not. Oh and, yes I have heard him speak. He's a racist, a facist, a xenophobe and a stirrer of hatred and bile.

Jihadis welcome? Do one!

Are you able to provide any evidence to show Tommy being racist, as you claim? Or is being opposed of an ideology ‘racist’ in your eyes?

Jan 30, 2008
Are you able to provide any evidence to show Tommy being racist, as you claim? Or is being opposed of an ideology ‘racist’ in your eyes?
everyone's a racist if you're concerned about immigration , religious extremism ,or lack of integration in this country, yep just keep your mouth shut and put up with it????
regards
DR

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

everyone's a racist if you're concerned about immigration , religious extremism ,or lack of integration in this country, yep just keep your mouth shut and put up with it????
regards
DR

Oh please don't try to hide behind that "not allowed to say anything" cloak. It's a free country and you all say plenty.
Mostly and often aggressively against anyone whose view opposes yours.
My objections are your creation of myths - " jihadis welcome" is such a disappointing fantasy - and a reluctance to act openly, and with honesty. Hide behind names, hide behind uniforms, hide behind titles........"Tommy" rather epitomises that doesn't he.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Oh please don't try to hide behind that "not allowed to say anything" cloak. It's a free country and you all say plenty.
Mostly and often aggressively against anyone whose view opposes more.
My objections are your creation of myths - " jihadis welcome" is such a disappointing creation - and a reluctance to act openly, and with honesty. Hide behind names, hide behind uniforms, hide behind titles........"Tommy" rather epitomises that doesn't he.
no one's hiding behind anything, it's the truth because NOTHINGS CHANGING, ghettos in this country is not the way forward for a healthy society???
regards
DR

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Mostly and often aggressively against anyone whose view opposes yours.
My objections are your creation of myths - " jihadis welcome" is such a disappointing fantasy - and a reluctance to act openly, and with honesty. Hide behind names, hide behind uniforms, hide behind titles........"Tommy" rather epitomises that doesn't he.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)

So nothing on Tommy being racist then?

The original point of the thread was that despite more than 400 jihadis ‘welcomed’ back to the UK, Brittany/Martin/Lauren we’re not.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...europe-threat-debate-terror-a8017811.html?amp

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Still no independent links provided that entry was refused by the Home Office.

It's almost like there isn't any because it's all been made up, isn't it?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
no one's hiding behind anything, it's the truth because NOTHINGS CHANGING, ghettos in this country is not the way forward for a healthy society???
regards
DR

Born in a courtyard house with communal wash room and lavvy in the yard.
Even that wasn't a "ghetto". Definition by the way to save you more effort than you clearly wish to expend "a usually slum area occupied by one particular, nationality, race or section of society." Now I walk the streets and there are undoubtedly areas of largely - but not uniquely - singular segments of society in most cities. Its natural. People group together from common social and economic experience. Lots of Irish areas in most cities in the industrial north. Lots of white middle class only areas in Brighton.....but ghettos? Its a pejorative term used now almost exclusively to isolate groups by colour and religion. And used pretty much exclusively by the ALT White Right to give rise to fear and to promote discrimination.
Lived 30+ years in multi racial Birmingham. Still got relative (stress relative - if you were around in the 50's and 60's youd think they were fine but weve come a long way) slum areas but no "no-go"areas (before you throw that one into the mix) and no ghettos.

When you've lived it and know what you're talking about instead of the myths perpetrated by your equally ill-advised pals then comment from experience and with facts.

"If we say it enough it will be accepted as truth" doesn't work here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The original point of the thread was that despite more than 400 jihadis ‘welcomed’ back to the UK, Brittany/Martin/Lauren we’re not.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...europe-threat-debate-terror-a8017811.html?amp

You seem to be getting yourself tied up in knots a bit here, desperately trying to conflate two stories that are entirely unconnected.

Any decision (let's just stick to ones that actually happened, rather than made up ones) to refuse entry, to foreign political agitators (of any leaning) is completely unconnected to the UKs legal obligation to deal with British nationals returning here from overseas.

I'm not sure you actually read your own link, either, because it actually seems to suggest that rather than being 'welcomed' back, that most were jailed on their return.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Good decision. We have enough facist troublemakers of our own. If it's "just an interview" she can do it online.
I'd say invite him to the States but I doubt even Trump would let him in whether he's got his own fan club there or not. Oh and, yes I have heard him speak. He's a racist, a facist, a xenophobe and a stirrer of hatred and bile.

Jihadis welcome? Do one!

You are a poster who I broadly agree with. I believe you think before posting more than many on here and, if I met you, I reckon I'd find a good bloke who I would have a lot in common with...here comes the but...but, on this I make you unusually wrong. If thinking that Islam is , at its core , is a highly suspect religion and a worryingly high number of its adherents (I urge you to check Pugh reports) support death sentencing for apostasy, intolerance towards other faiths and atheists, death for gays and lesbians and the subservience of women. If Tommy Robinson wants to ask a question about the appalling behaviour of some Muslims and the blind eye turning and obfuscation of "moderate" Muslims then I for one think he has that right without being hounded by apologists and liars that surround him. It is his right to shine a light on this faith. He is not an academic, he is not a racist unless you think that all Muslims are brown people. If anything he's a culturst. He believes Islamic values are not acceptable to us in the west and that Islam needs a renaissance or face censure.

Just look for yourself and then come back on here and call him a Nazi.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Just to take the two elements of that in turn......

1. You are too quick to be dismissive and sneer. Have a look back at post #204 and take in the Wiki page for your good friend "Tommy"' . As well as listing some of his many aliases you will find reference to his creation, membership and promotion of organisations with the "stated intention" of opposing what he terms " the islamification of Britain". Then take a look at the definition of racism.
2. The original point of the thread appears to have been to rail against a supposed refusal to allow entry to one of your American pals. That of course is probably just propoganda and a lie like most of the EDL and similar organisations' scheisse. There was no reference to The Independent's article so clearly not the purpose.
Then of course the article in The Independent. No mention of "welcoming". Talking about people coming back to the country they were born in and concern at how we (and other nations) deal with that. No flags or banners. No welcome.
I recall similar articles about white mercenaries coming back from South Africa etc in the past. Don't know how they reintegrated. Maybe they joined the EDL/NF etc?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You are a poster who I broadly agree with. I believe you think before posting more than many on here and, if I met you, I reckon I'd find a good bloke who I would have a lot in common with...here comes the but...but, on this I make you unusually wrong. If thinking that Islam is , at its core , is a highly suspect religion and a worryingly high number of its adherents (I urge you to check Pugh reports) support death sentencing for apostasy, intolerance towards other faiths and atheists, death for gays and lesbians and the subservience of women. If Tommy Robinson wants to ask a question about the appalling behaviour of some Muslims and the blind eye turning and obfuscation of "moderate" Muslims then I for one think he has that right without being hounded by apologists and liars that surround him. It is his right to shine a light on this faith. He is not an academic, he is not a racist unless you think that all Muslims are brown people. If anything he's a culturst. He believes Islamic values are not acceptable to us in the west and that Islam needs a renaissance or face censure.

Tommy Robinson ( or whatever he wants to call himself today ) does indeed have the right to question the actions and beliefs you mention. The problem being that he doesn't tend to question equally appalling beliefs and behaviours by other faiths - he just appears to have a problem with a faith where a majority of it's followers are not white. He also has a history of using violence - indeed it seems to follow him around. All in all he doesn't appear to be a particularly pleasant person.

As for this thread - it was started with false claims and a clearly faked document - all to create some sort of 'outrage'. This is also backed up with that You Tube video of Lauren. She purposely picked that spot and it's rather strange she didn't ask one single Anglo Saxon white person what they thought of British culture, or indeed a single woman. The Mosque and the police acted like a bunch of CJTCs admittedly but she was there to incite a response and nothing else.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Oh that so invites a trite reply.....:lolol:

I won't call him a Nazi. Ideologies have evolved.
I will though term him racist, xenophobic, fascist.......

I have no issue with questioning (from both sides) the effectiveness of racial and religious integration. Indeed I firmly believe it should be addressed and extremist and militant views and actions on both sides of the argument should be challenged rigidly and amelioration sought.
The EDL and its like, as epitomised by (let's agree to call him) Tommy Robinson are in my view diametrically opposed to that (peaceful) process.
There will always be tensions but its our choice of solutions to extremes that marks us out.

When extreme islamists (or Jews or rastas or whatever) come on here to argue their view I will oppose them too.
(And PPF - that's oppose not appease - just to be clear)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
They let her in and probably a few hundred people notice she's there. Deny her and now she'll have tens of thousands of new British followers without setting a foot on the island. Well done Government :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

A very good point. I've not engaged on this discussion because the subject at its core makes me uncomfortable both ways. I detest racism and other forms of extremism that poses a threat to life and society, but also (and probably because of this) I also have a guilty mis-trust of Islam and its goals and motivations. I don't mean individual Muslims, and I know many (mainly through work, as I live in a majority white area in Worthing) but the religion as a whole.

Admittedly, as an Athiest I am passively opposed to all organised religions, but particularly Islam and the conservative Christian groups in the US worry me considerably. I know it's mainly an irrational fear / discomfort, but it's there.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He was confronted by immigrants for going into a no go zone in Italy last week and one got too close to him.

https://youtu.be/_BNP2y7ELus

My daughters boyfriend knows Robinson, sits close to him at Luton Town. The rumour he has heard is that the McDonalds incident was a fake attack, and that’s why OB wasn’t interested.

Before the cup game in Newcastle, Robinson was also trying to recruit a crew to have a go with the Geordies, I know this for a fact as he spoke to my daughters bf about it. I don’t think he’ was very successful

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He was confronted by immigrants for going into a no go zone in Italy last week and one got too close to him.

https://youtu.be/_BNP2y7ELus

My daughters boyfriend knows Robinson, sits close to him at Luton Town. The rumour he has heard is that the McDonalds incident was a fake attack, and that’s why OB wasn’t interested.

Before the cup game in Newcastle, Robinson was also trying to recruit a crew to have a go with the Geordies, I know this for a fact as he spoke to my daughters bf about it. I don’t think he’ was very successful

Maybe your daughters boyfriend is a bit of a bullshitter ??? If you watch the whole video it would be impossible to orchestrate the adlib and get the police to be in on it too. Maybe it was the BBC lending the actors police uniforms and a police van as well?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Maybe your daughters boyfriend is a bit of a bullshitter ??? If you watch the whole video it would be impossible to orchestrate the adlib and get the police to be in on it too. Maybe it was the BBC lending the actors police uniforms and a police van as well?

:lolol:

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here