Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Doddy’s Dead

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Self assessment ? Doddy : I invented it.

He wasn’t a miser with his cash, he just liked collecting pictures of the queen.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
My father in law shared a bill with him as a semi-pro musician and said Monkhouse was the nicest and most generous entertainer he ever worked with. The worst of them was Lenny Henry he reckoned.

strange how you hear different views. A friend used to work backstage and said Monkhouse was great to work with. He said the best was Les Dawson,and the worst by a mile was Bruce Forsythe

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He dies as both a comedy legend and a tax-dodging legend.

The accountants among us cannot failed to have noticed news of him marrying his fiancée of 40 years 2 days before his death, saving a fortune in Inheritance Tax. I'm sure HMRC will be "tickled" with that!

It will only defer it a little while.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
"The man who invented cats' eyes got the idea when he saw the eyes of a cat in his headlights. If the cat had been going the other way, he would have invented the pencil sharpener."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm watching a programme on Ch5 at the moment. Doddy- I like football. I could have played for Liverpool, but I couldn't spit far enough!

He's even relevant when he's gone.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Doddy's funeral today. Watching the Sky news coverage and the reporter was interviewing Jimmy Tarbuck, when all of a sudden a little old dear interrupts with "Ooh, are you Roy Hudd?". "Yes dear, I'm Roy Hudd, what a day I'm having" he replies. :lolol:

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
When he had his run-in with HMRC for non-payment of tax (in a lengthy court case in 1989, which he won) in his defence he pleaded that the charges against him were flawed in that he wasn't subject to the rules of the Inland Revenue ..…because he lived by the seaside! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here