Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Carragher spits at fan (young girl)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There was a conversation about 3rd party ownership of players, and the ways around it. I think BFS acknowledged that it goes on, but he wasn't giving them chapter and verse on how to actually circumnavigate the rules, but that is how the story was spun. Plus he took the piss out of Roy Hodgson. And was drinking a PINT of wine.

None of it was a sackable offence, it could have been sorted out with an apology and would all have been forgotten about within a week. But the FA are a spineless bunch of goons who blow in the wind, so of course they gave the press their pound of flesh.

Drinking a pint of wine? WTF. Got to laugh especially as he has tried to brand himself as a renaissance man in the past.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whilst he's been extremely stupid there are two sides to every story, what did the goading consist of, for all we know they could have been making hand signals from the other car.
So what if they made hand signals? He didn't have to wind his window down,

I don't think Carragher should be sacked, but I think he will, common sense would say that an apology, a full explanation of the events and a large donation to a charity would suffice
I disagree.
another good man loses his livelihood
1) He's not a good man, he's a scumbag 2) Livelihood? The money he needs to feed and clothe his family? He's worth many millions, I think they'll survive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just watching the video again now (link at the bottom). I don't agree that it was simply spun that way. He didn't simply acknowledge that it goes on:
"Is that third party ownership a problem though"
Sam - "It’s not a problem"
Sam - "Third party ownership is only banned in this country"
[and France]
"And France yeah"
"You can still get around it"

That's not simply acknowledging it happens.

The bit he wouldn't talk about were player bungs. He did however say "you can have that conversation when I’m not here", rather than simply saying it's not allowed and they shouldn't do it.

It does seem to bring the roll of England manager into disrepute, so it might be.
No disagreement there.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ation-england-manager-sam-allardyce-for-sale/

*role of England manager.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Carragher has rightly apologised and I think common sense should prevail and that should be the end of the matter.

Personally, I like my pundits either to be extremely knowledgeable and give some insight (i.e Thierry Henry) or something of a loose cannon where you know it might kick off (i.e. Graeme Souness).

Carragher is that rare commodity of being insightful AND a loose cannon, and for that reason I hope he keeps his job.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Carragher has rightly apologised
He's not apologised because he thinks it was the wrong thing to do, he's apologised because he's been told he has to if he wants to keep his snout in the trough.

and I think common sense should prevail and that should be the end of the matter.
He's a role model. I think he should go.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's a role model. I think he should go.

Role model lol! Harry Kane is a role model, Lewis Dunk is a role model. Carragher is NOT a role model, he is simply a bloke that gets paid to talk about football in a silly voice, end of.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Role model lol! Harry Kane is a role model, Lewis Dunk is a role model. Carragher is NOT a role model, he is simply a bloke that gets paid to talk about football in a silly voice
Maybe you're right, I just think fans look up to pundits too, and if they can behave like that, why shouldn't kids?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
In the political correctness ,that we live in ,i just cannot understand why he has just murdered his career,in such fashion.IMO he is toast !His Sky image has gone,and they will not like that .Not very clever JC......!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just watching the video again now (link at the bottom). I don't agree that it was simply spun that way. He didn't simply acknowledge that it goes on:
"Is that third party ownership a problem though"
Sam - "It’s not a problem"
Sam - "Third party ownership is only banned in this country"
[and France]
"And France yeah"
"You can still get around it"

That's not simply acknowledging it happens.

The bit he wouldn't talk about were player bungs. He did however say "you can have that conversation when I’m not here", rather than simply saying it's not allowed and they shouldn't do it.

Storm in a teacup. No other country's FA would have been in the least bit bothered by any of this, its only our jelly-spined mob that are constantly falling over themselves to appear whiter-than-white about everything. Greg Clarke, Martin Glenn and their ilk are just a pathetic bunch of clueless empty suits, as they have proved time and time again.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
To be fair, scousers always seem to have a bit phlegm stuck in the back of their throat. They must need to gob quite regularly.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Neither Sky News or SSN mentioned it this morning. Funny that!

I doubt there's much made of it in The Sun either, what with it being part of the Murdoch empire.

The Mirror – predictably – is going for it BIG TIME, looking for brownie points against its rival...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
In the political correctness ,that we live in ,i just cannot understand why he has just murdered his career,in such fashion.IMO he is toast !His Sky image has gone,and they will not like that .Not very clever JC......!

I can explain. It's partly Because he's thick and partly because can't help himself but be a vile arrogant bully

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here