Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Carragher spits at fan (young girl)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Revolting behaviour by Carragher and a complete overreaction by him.

I am baffled why he even bothered to wind down his window whilst driving on the motorway. Let alone decide that gobbing in response to a bit of harmless banter was an appropriate response.

Hard to see him holding onto his job given most people regard spitting at someone as unacceptable.

Wonder how much the bloke got for his footage? Would you sell it if it happened to you assuming you'd get a few grand?

And also wonder whether the driver will get charged with using a phone whilst driving/driving without due care and attention etc.?

Agree. JC is in the entertainment / media industry, paid handsomely for his opinion, insight and represents his broadcasters as a respected pundit. He has totally undermined his image that is part of his professional standing. No matter what the provocation, he has to be able to rise above it.

It's getting to the point where you have to detest the general mindset around football. From BFS taking back handers as England manager, to players nicking taxis and getting away with it, they are not above common decency, the law or anything else.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yesterday morning, on the mean streets of Crouch End, I saw a chap of a deranged nature making masturbatory gestures at any passing car before gobbing malevolently on the window of a bus. I wonder what those vehicle inhabitants did to warrant such a reaction. Something provocative, no doubt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From BFS taking back handers as England manager

Agree with your general points, but BFS did not take any back handers. He ran his mouth off and was stupid in doing so, but his sacking was a total farce as he broke no rules whatsoever.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agree with your general points, but BFS did not take any back handers. He ran his mouth off and was stupid in doing so, but his sacking was a total farce as he broke no rules whatsoever.

Actually you are right, he was put in the position of earning money from his role through information he could give. Or something like that. Total exploitation of a role at the top of his profession.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually you are right, he was put in the position of earning money from his role through information he could give. Or something like that. Total exploitation of a role at the top of his profession.

They wanted to use him as a speaker, to which he said he would have to check with his employers first before he could commit to anything like that. But the FA were sucked in by a nonsensical media shitstorm, and as usual, just caved in.

Anyway, Carragher is utter filth. I hope he gets sacked, and winds up with Keyes and Gray in that Doha graveyard where I don't have to listen to his excruciating high-pitched scouse whine ever again.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Back in the nineties, I saw Blur at a night club on Queens Road Brighton. I was right at the front, so when Damon Albarn spat a mouth full of water across the masses, I copped a load. No-one complained - I think we probably all felt honoured that he chose our faces to splatter!

Not comparing this to the JC story in any shape or form - it just reminded me of back in that day!
https://youtu.be/URTj4naIdAs

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They wanted to use him as a speaker, to which he said he would have to check with his employers first before he could commit to anything like that. But the FA were sucked in by a nonsensical media shitstorm, and as usual, just caved in.
That doesn't sound right. One of the reporters said suggested something that broke the rules, and BFS said something like 'You can't say that, I didn't hear that' etc. I'm sure it wasn't simply 'can you talk for us?'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That doesn't sound right. One of the reporters said suggested something that broke the rules, and BFS said something like 'You can't say that, I didn't hear that' etc. I'm sure it wasn't simply 'can you talk for us?'

There was a conversation about 3rd party ownership of players, and the ways around it. I think BFS acknowledged that it goes on, but he wasn't giving them chapter and verse on how to actually circumnavigate the rules, but that is how the story was spun. Plus he took the piss out of Roy Hodgson. And was drinking a PINT of wine.

None of it was a sackable offence, it could have been sorted out with an apology and would all have been forgotten about within a week. But the FA are a spineless bunch of goons who blow in the wind, so of course they gave the press their pound of flesh.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Scouser phoned in to say he had been found guilty twice before for road rage incidents.Googled it and ten years ago he was found guilty of common assault which can include spitting.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Whilst he's been extremely stupid there are two sides to every story, what did the goading consist of, for all we know they could have been making hand signals from the other car.
And I wonder how much money has the 'director' of the video been paid for his production?
I don't think Carragher should be sacked, but I think he will, common sense would say that an apology, a full explanation of the events and a large donation to a charity would suffice but it wont, and another good man loses his livelihood after being goaded by dickheads.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There was a conversation about 3rd party ownership of players, and the ways around it. I think BFS acknowledged that it goes on, but he wasn't giving them chapter and verse on how to actually circumnavigate the rules, but that is how the story was spun.
Just watching the video again now (link at the bottom). I don't agree that it was simply spun that way. He didn't simply acknowledge that it goes on:
"Is that third party ownership a problem though"
Sam - "It’s not a problem"
Sam - "Third party ownership is only banned in this country"
[and France]
"And France yeah"
"You can still get around it"

That's not simply acknowledging it happens.

The bit he wouldn't talk about were player bungs. He did however say "you can have that conversation when I’m not here", rather than simply saying it's not allowed and they shouldn't do it.

None of it was a sackable offence
It does seem to bring the role of England manager into disrepute, so it might be.
But the FA are a spineless bunch of goons who blow in the wind
No disagreement there.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ation-england-manager-sam-allardyce-for-sale/

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Carragher claims they had been taunting him before that though.
They? No, he claims others had said something, but not the people in this car. And "2-1 mate" is hardly the biggest insult. He doesn't even play for Liverpool any more FFS.

When we leave a game after a loss and the away fans on the train wind us up (not a regular occurrence, but does happen) do you gob on them? It's beyond out of order.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Carragher claims they had been taunting him before that though.

So what. He really should know better at his age and given the nature of his current employment. It would appear he’s had a few issues in the past as well. An apology and a genuine and sincere attempt to sort out this side of his character will go a long way I think. No need to lose his job over it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here