Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Carragher spits at fan (young girl)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Donald Trump has said and done worse things in the past, but the Americans still voted for him to become the President.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Sky have suspended him

https://twitter.com/skynewssarah/status/973195754411085824

Sky Sports statement on Jamie Carragher:
"Sky takes this matter extremely seriously and strongly condemns Jamie's actions, we have made that clear to him in person today and suspended him from his duties. It falls well below the standards we expect of our people.”

There was a second part to this statement which went like this:

'Whilst we are considering Jamie's future we have taken into account the drink driving offence committed by Kirsty Gallacher and the fact that even though she could have killed someone she is well fit and female so we were never going to sack her'.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
He just sprayed his spit everywhere, a useless technique. He should have snorted back a greenie and flobbed it straight passed the girl and hit the driver. Flobbing a greenie is a lot more accurate and hits at speed.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
So does them being from Liverpool make a difference?

Meh, you tell me.

All I'm saying is spitting is a filthy habit; spitting at someone is an absolutely revolting and sick assault on the victims' dignity. It's also potentially harmful. I'm surprised (or maybe not) that some people on here and other forums aren't treating this as the serious incident that it is. Maybe society is desensitised nowadays, or maybe I'm over-sensitive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nobody comes out of this with any credit. Spitting is horrible and inexcusable. So is the idea that it is OK to hurl any sort of dog's abuse at a celebrity and film it. Using a mobile phone while driving is also a criminal offence - I hope a summons drops on to the driver's doormat in the next few days. He could probably do with a few lessons about bringing up a child to have good manners too.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Driving and filming mentioned many, many times on this thread, I know.
But he's also listening to " How to save a life " in his car. :facepalm:

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Well done to the father.Apart from setting a terrible example to his daughter.Apart from acting like a 15 year old **** in front of her and goading someone about a football match.Apart from endangering her life.Apart from advertising the fact he acted illegally by filming whilst driving.Apart from all that he is about to destroy the career of someone who wasn't looking for any trouble.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hasn't Carragher done enough public grovelling now ? He has lost his job and livelihood, what more do people want him to do ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hasn't Carragher done enough public grovelling now ? He has lost his job and livelihood, what more do people want him to do ?

Yes I agree. He has done enough ''Public Grovelling'' now. He should now just sit back and take his Punishment . Hopefully be sacked and let that be the end of it. I have been in the company of managers taking a ribbing from Arsenal Fans in a coffee shop and the response was most definitely not that. In the end they ended up having a quick chat about football.

I like Carragher's analysis sometimes but that behaviour is disgusting and he should lose his job and he should accept it. Malky Mc Kay, Ron Atkinson and now Carragher. They might claim they are not of that ilk but their actions clearly show that they are of that ilk.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Has he? I thought he was just suspended.

FWIW I'm in the 'move on' camp, but I can see how/why people are OUTRAGED. He made a mistake (albeit a MASSIVE one) but he has apologised for it. Yes, the whole 'I want to meet with the family again' thing does appear a bit desperate, but – at the end of the day – it's ALL exposure for SKY, his employer (just!). I wouldn't be surprised if that Doris on Sky News was told to take such a combative approach, just to keep the company name in the spotlight and make that interview stand out.

He'll be back for the beginning of next season – I think people underestimate how quickly things are forgotten and life goes back to normal. I was reminded of this with all the recent excitement about the return of Tiger Woods – you know, the guy who everyone hated when he'd had multiple affairs, crashed his car and ruined his marriage? And yet yesterday, the goons on Talksport were saying they would rather he win a golf championship than Paul Casey!

If you want an example closer to home – Eric Cantona. Kung-Fu kicking a fan didn't seem to do HIM much harm! Made captain of United after his ban, named as one of the '100 League Legends', put into the Hall of Fame and voted Overseas Player of the Decade.

More recently: "In March 2014, Cantona was arrested and cautioned for an act of common assault on Regent's Park Road in Camden, North London. The victim did not require medical attention." Nice bloke!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well done to the father.Apart from setting a terrible example to his daughter.Apart from acting like a 15 year old **** in front of her and goading someone about a football match.Apart from endangering her life.Apart from advertising the fact he acted illegally by filming whilst driving.Apart from all that he is about to destroy the career of someone who wasn't looking for any trouble.

Please stop.... Carragher destroyed his own career end of.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Please stop.... Carragher destroyed his own career end of.

I agree, he's only got himself to blame by getting involved. If he relived this 100 times over, he would wind his window back up.

On the flip side, I also hope the Father gets what ever punishment you get for using a mobile whilst driving.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Probably the third post where I've mentioned her name however if Carragher is sacked after Gallacher kept her job that would just be ridiculous.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I agree, he's only got himself to blame by getting involved. If he relived this 100 times over, he would wind his window back up.

On the flip side, I also hope the Father gets what ever punishment you get for using a mobile whilst driving.

Out of interest - how would you prove it was a phone and not an iPod?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here