Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United Game Plan

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I am looking forward to this game in many ways, but I will be intrigued at the strategy and game plan employed by CH given that its a knockout game. This will give us an insight into the thinking CH as bad performances away are not down to a bad day at the office, but the strategy employed. Too many bad days away are too coincidental, but are now starting to become the norm, surely he will take the brakes off at Old Trafford.

D

Deleted member 2719

Maty the hero. Job done. Except Tim will probably be in goal [emoji849][emoji849]

So assuming Tim started and when it comes to pens would you bring on Maty as a sub, if you still had one just before???

Last edited by a moderator:

el punal

I am looking forward to this game in many ways, but I will be intrigued at the strategy and game plan employed by CH given that its a knockout game. This will give us an insight into the thinking CH as bad performances away are not down to a bad day at the office, but the strategy employed. Too many bad days away are too coincidental, but are now starting to become the norm, surely he will take the brakes off at Old Trafford.

I'm sure Chris will be reading your comments with avid interest.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
So assuming Tim started and it when to pens would you bring on Maty as a sub if you still had one just before???

Didn't this happen when Krul was playing for Holland

But it was him who was brought on?

D

Deleted member 2719

Didn't this happen when Krul was playing for Holland

But it was him who was brought on?

Not sure, do you know his pen saving record???

I suppose it won't come to that, because Utd are going down big style............or maybe a goal!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They don't like it up 'em Mr Mainwaring.

We need to start with the same energy and intensity we showed against Arsenal - press them, pressure them and get them on the back foot early. Of course we' re the underdogs, but we've been that plenty of times before and come through (with a vastly inferior squad to that currently at our disposal), no reason we can't at least give it a bloody good go this time too.

It is, as someone once said, a funny old game, and with the FA Cup you just never know.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Keeper coming on with seconds to spare. Wasn't that in the World Cup? Crazy decision by the manager to save a sub until the 119th minute, but it worked.
Didn't realise it was Krul though.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
JUst wanted to make the point that our away form is such because the strategy is laid down by the management, I'm sure its been worked out way in advance that we can get by, by winning our home games. The only disappointment about this strategy is that I feel we are far more capable than we give ourselves credit for away from home, the cup match requires an outcome, so I wanted to see if we are capable of changing this negative away strategy because it is the cup, thus demonstrating what we are capable of.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My fear with this one is that they've seen that we can very much give them a game, and could easily have got something from the league match up there, so they won't be taking us lightly. A bit like the replay in 1983?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
JUst wanted to make the point that our away form is such because the strategy is laid down by the management, I'm sure its been worked out way in advance that we can get by, by winning our home games. The only disappointment about this strategy is that I feel we are far more capable than we give ourselves credit for away from home, the cup match requires an outcome, so I wanted to see if we are capable of changing this negative away strategy because it is the cup, thus demonstrating what we are capable of.

We have 10 points from 15 PL away matches. It is really not that bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here