Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] BBC News - Lanhydrock National Trust Cream Tea Advert Sparks Outrage

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, but Devon cream is runnier, so doesn't stay put, which is why they insist on cream first. Cornish clotted cream is really thick.

Nah, no real difference between clotted cream from either county, but no other county makes anything that compares. Cornish PEOPLE are really thick :laugh:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was once shown by a Yorkshireman how to make a cup of tea with the milk in first. It was the best tea I have ever, ever had.
Scones? Cream then a dollop of Jam.. We enjoyed a delicious cream tea at the Beachy Head cafe just the other week, a National Trust establishment I believe.
You don't want to go listening to what them Cornish lot say. A few Cornish friends have told me they say that to "wind English people up, of course you put the bloody jam on last".Though that could be them winding me up. Mercy!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I make tea both ways. If I use a teabag in a mug, then the milk goes in last, but when I make tea properly in a teapot, then milk goes into the cup/mug first because the tea has brewed properly in the pot.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You'd be hard pushed to find anyone, anywhere serving runny cream. Unfortunately most places now serve it up in those tacky individual pre-packed pots.

I make tea both ways. If I use a teabag in a mug, then the milk goes in last, but when I make tea properly in a teapot, then milk goes into the cup/mug first because the tea has brewed properly in the pot.

This is the correct way, and also enshrined in law I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here