Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kane injured.. Murray for England?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Southgate should be chosing a team that can win, as for players for the future, he might not be around for that. Frankly how many times have heard we're going for youth as were looking to the future, the future looks good with this squad. Mostly from pundits with personal interests. Southgate should be picking form players, I feel we'll be returning from Russia, if we go, quite early.

Yes, a team that can win in the summer. There's nothing riding on these upcoming games other than getting game time for the players who'll be going to Russia. Murray is highly unlikely to be going to Russia so why call him up. It would make more sense to give a youngster the experience, particularly with how successful the youth sides were over the summer.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sorry, but look who he's scored against. He's out of form, not scored in the PL since September and typifies the selections we've been making for years. He hasn't earned his place, he's got a place because he's the easy name to fill the slot.
Sure, he’s had a terrible season. I wouldn’t pick him too. Just stating why he has been.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The FA's default managerial pick - a Tesco middle manager with a clipboard and laptop - has given us years of imaginationless selections. But if they'd been picked it would only have been a lame virtue signal of Southgate's supposedly bold approach. They'd have put in 7/10 showings, he'd have claimed they'd created a conundrum, and they'd be duly omitted from the final cut anyway.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
This isn't a pointless friendly though is it? It is the last chance players have to stake a place in a World Cup squad this summer. It might be pointless to the players guaranteed a place in the squad, but it is far from it for Mawson, Cook, Pickford, Pope etc...

Players could get injured in the cup, players could get injured in an international friendly. The point was the hypocrisy, if the only thing that matters this season is our survival, then surely we wouldn't them to play in any match that don't help us stay in the Premier League. It's just my weird sense of humour. The pointless friendly bit really wasn't what I was expecting anyone to take from the first comment. Hurrah for the internet.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
it's not just about Dunk, Murray or Stephens. Lascelles (like Dunk for us) has a had a wonderful season for Newcastle and Voldermort (like Stephens for us) is a far better footballer than Jake ****ing Livermore.

Spot on with all of that.

Good point about Voldermort. He was outstanding against Southampton at the weekend. Only Wilshire can match him for attacking passing in the current squad. We need a player like that sitting next to the more defensive lumps of Dier or Henderson.

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Tarkowski and Pope are deserved but Livermore, Mawson, Welbeck and Hart are appalling calls. Dunk and Lascelles are both streets ahead of Mawson, the other three are just shite.

Jordan Henderson as well- has he had a decent game in the last three seasons?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The most disappointing thing about this is it gives an agent ammunition to say to Dunk, "You'll never get called up playing for Brighton, you've got to move to a bigger club".

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Don't really give a shit about England tbh.

I am delighted that no BHAFC players have been selected. Last thing we need is them getting injured in pointless, meaningless, boring friendly matches.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The most disappointing thing about this is it gives an agent ammunition to say to Dunk, "You'll never get called up playing for Brighton, you've got to move to a bigger club".

Absolutely this. And there's some idiot on the BBC site that actually says "with so few English starters in top six sides Southgate's options are limited."

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Deep into injury time here in Krasnodar in the World Cup Semi Final and England have a penalty. One nil down, this surely is their last chance. Up steps Henderson...Oh and what a save by Maty Ryan Socceroo. Ave that for Karma, Southgate you clueless cretin...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why are there four keepers? Why is Joe Hart one of them? I appreciate it's not nice seeing a once decent player become absolute dogshite but come on...

How is Jake Livermore in the squad? How is he even anywhere near the squad?

Does Lewis Dunk have to move to a big boys team to have a chance?

So many questions but the only answer that squad gives us is: The group stage. :(

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why are there four keepers? Why is Joe Hart one of them? I appreciate it's not nice seeing a once decent player become absolute dogshite but come on...

How is Jake Livermore in the squad? How is he even anywhere near the squad?

Does Lewis Dunk have to move to a big boys team to have a chance?

So many questions but the only answer that squad gives us is: The group stage. :(

1. Lazy & scared to admit that Hart is past it / shit
2. Lazy
3. Yes

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Re Dunk - not sure the move to a big club argument stacks up, not when he's picking Burnley, Swansea and West Brom players.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Re Dunk - not sure the move to a big club argument stacks up, not when he's picking Burnley, Swansea and West Brom players.

Agreed, and I'm pleased to see players from less fashionable clubs like Burnley and Swansea getting a chance.

The omission of Murray is totally understandable - but the omission of Dunk is incomprehensible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here