Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kane injured.. Murray for England?

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Harry Kane seems to have ankle ligament damaged sustained against Bournemouth! Opening in the squad for Glenn Murray?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you think Palace fans would back it and being Palace would Southgate even consider it? :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Southgate seen us play this season?

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On sunday supplement, one of the journalist (either John Cross or Jeremy Cross) said it would be a dark day for the England national team if Glenn Murray was considered for England. Yeah, he's in a bit of a purple patch right now, but he's 34. It wasn't long ago he was struggling for goals and Brighton were pinning their hopes of staying up on finding a replacement. And that moment in the Arsenal game where he received the ball just inside the Arsenal half and turned back because he didn't think he could outrun even Mustafi.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The England striker situation is really bad. They're all either injured, out of form or just plain crap (Rashford/Vardy aside). Murray IN!

D

Deleted member 2719

Really can't see it, a lot of Blue and White specs being worn IMO.

If he does he will be the oldest player since 1950 to make an England debut.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The England striker situation is really bad. They're all either injured, out of form or just plain crap (Rashford/Vardy aside). Murray IN!

With Manchester United playing Rashford wide left almost as a winger, and Vardy being a very different sort of player to Murray, surely there is an opening for an old fashioned centre forward? so on that basis very much Murray IN!

Having said all that, I'd still be very surprised if Southgate picks him. I think he may turn to Everton's Calvert-Lewin.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Whilst I can see the logic of picking Murray I really feel Southgate won't just because of the ridicule. Also he hasn't picked Dunk because he wasn't involved in his under 21 set up so really don't think Murray has any chance.

Speaking of Dunk though he really is the one that should be picked.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He picked Solly & Jake a lot in his previous job

This.

Honesty, sometimes I'm astonished the extent to which some people think other people spend all their time sticking pins into a seagull effigy. :shrug:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Whilst I can see the logic of picking Murray I really feel Southgate won't just because of the ridicule. Also he hasn't picked Dunk because he wasn't involved in his under 21 set up so really don't think Murray has any chance.

Speaking of Dunk though he really is the one that should be picked.

Surely Southgate would've had a back up plan, in case Kane had got injured, long before Murray started scoring goals more frequently, than in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here