Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kane injured.. Murray for England?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Come on, Murray for England?
Kane
Rashford
Vardy
Another

Wellbeck = no on current form
Crouch = no on current form
Carroll = no on current form

Any others?

I still think it will be an embarrassment. Is there another?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think Southgate will just pick the players that may save his job for a couple of more years of his lucrative contract.
I doubt I’d pick Glenn to be fair.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Wilson would get the nod ahead of Murray I suspect. Even Barnes who has had a great season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No chance Murray being called up. What a people on ?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think it unlikely.

If the two games coming up were qualifiers then you could make a case, particularly with Kane's injury. But they're not. They're friendlies, near enough the final preparation games for the World Cup. Murray is undoubtedly in a tremendous run of form but it's a glorious purple patch, one that's close to fired us to another season in the premier league, but a purple patch nonetheless. It almost certainly won't last to the summer which is the key issue. Southgate wants to build a team and style of play so to choose an ageing striker enjoying a brief Indian summer goes completely against that philosophy. We know he wants to look to youth so I'd imagine if another striker does get called up it will be a young one to get some experience with the seniors.

Dunk on the other hand ticks all the boxes and over the season has proven to be the match of pretty much any of the other English centre halves in the league.

An argument, although weaker, could also be made for Stephens. We have a real dearth of midfielders at the moment and if Livermore can find himself in squads and the team then Stephens surely has to be a consideration.

So it's a yes to Dunk, a maybe for Stephens and a no for Murray. Sorry Glenn.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Quite a sad enditment of England strikers really. Much as I love Glenn he isn't international standard for a team looking to win the world cup (Yes I know we won't) but looking at that list he is England standard. The problem is that the options for England are poor so it more a case of England are poor enough for Glenn to get picked rather than Glenn being good enough to be picked.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Absolutely. The blue and white specs are going into overdrive!

Let's just enjoy the bloke doing a good job for us.

... Glasses.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here